Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, all. I just read about the recall and cutting of a section inside the fuel tank. Here is the question: My car is a 78...does Alfa Romeo still honor this recall and who is authorized to do the work? Or, do I just take it to the shop and they fix it regardless? This board is AWESOME!!!

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
I see you're in Naples.

Is your car a US Specification car with Spica Fuel Injection or an domestic carb version? The recall only applies to Spica cars.

Regardless, I have a feeling that if you take it to your local Alfa dealer, you're going to be met with "Stai scherzando, vero?" He's not going to have even one tenth of a clue about the Spica system.

Believe me, I had a US Spec Spica Spider when I was stationed at San Vito dei Normanni Air Base in Brindisi in the late 70s and my local Alfa shop was utterly clueless about it.

That said, there were actually some Spica equipped Alfetta's, I believe, sold in Italy in the early 80s, but very very few and were complete maintenance orphans.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim, I need to change my signature. I am in Los Angeles, now. Sorry for the mix-up! I do miss Italy, though. Best 7 years of my LIFE!

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
No, nobody is going to honor a recall on a 40 year old car. I guess with the Alfa brand returning to the US it's a little muddier but the company that made your car is essentially gone (though the brand caries on as badges on Fiats) and the dealer network that sold your car is long gone. One or two might do it but I've heard nothing (nor would I expect to) about new Alfa dealers gearing up with parts and techs to support the classic cars. Other than the name and logo there is no connection butween "old" Alfa USA and the new dealer network Fiat is building.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Regardless, you're going to have to do it yourself, IF you want it done. Are you sure it hasn't already been done? Does your car have an in-tank boost pump in it already?

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Greetings, all. I just read about the recall and cutting of a section inside the fuel tank. Here is the question: My car is a 78...does Alfa Romeo still honor this recall and who is authorized to do the work? Or, do I just take it to the shop and they fix it regardless? This board is AWESOME!!!
This is a joke, right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts