Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone looking to replace their bushes with poly I've found a couple of suppliers...

Automotive Supplies NZ Ltd/Autostop (0800 288678) import Mackay/Suretrak from Oz...

Link to their catalogue

&

George Stock & Co (09 270 7200) import the Fulcrum/Super-Pro range from Oz...

Link to their catalogue

Hope this helps...

Mike

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Thanks! :)

I can add a single very-specific but nonetheless economical substitute; I replaced the stuffed front anti-roll bar drop link bushes on my 164 (the ones that meet the control arm) with Ford shock absorber bushes from SuperCheap Auto, straight off the hook. The set of four blue polyurethane bushes come in two sizes (centre hole/step diameters) and I chose the larger size - it fitted perfectly. $16/set.

-Alex

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
When I had a 2600, I replaced all the bushings with ones made of Delryn (sp?). It made the car stiffer and handle better, even on the skinny 165x400mm tires.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like there are some interesting alternatives...

Alex, I see you still have my old Uno Turbo!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Anyone looking to replace their bushes with poly I've found a couple of suppliers...

Automotive Supplies NZ Ltd/Autostop (0800 288678) import Mackay/Suretrak from Oz...

Link to their catalogue

&

George Stock & Co (09 270 7200) import the Fulcrum/Super-Pro range from Oz...

Link to their catalogue

Hope this helps...

Mike
Hi Mike

Which bits did you end up buying and replacing on your car? If you did, what did it end up costing and what differences have you noticed in driving your 75 after fitting them.

Regards, Aaron

·
Registered
211 Posts
Despite first impressions, I got great service on superpro bushes for the 164 from Autopassion. The guy in there has supplied a number of sets for 164s around Christchurch.

I replaced the top engine mount and it made a huge difference to the feel under power.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Despite first impressions, I got great service on superpro bushes for the 164 from Autopassion. The guy in there has supplied a number of sets for 164s around Christchurch.

I replaced the top engine mount and it made a huge difference to the feel under power.
Yeah I had a failed engine mount in a Primera I had a few years ago, and it was quite freaky to see how much the engine moved under full throttle with the broken mount.

Torque-steer was the main reason why I sold my old 12v 3L manual 164..I still miss the feel of that 3L V6 engine, quite different to the 2.5 12v in the 90.

My 90 has done over 200ks so I suspect it is more overdue for some suspension work. It has Konis on the rear but looks to have original everything else everything else.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts