Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah, now Papajam will find out my eBay identity. I unintentionally caused him to pay more for two of his auctions. I recall ogling that Bosch blue coil. Sorry Jim. :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
top with bow

Kai
I'm your current bidder on the top, sent you a question regarding condtion of the front bow.
I already have a new top, but when I pulled it off today the bow and the channel for the weatherstrip is eaten with rust beyond repair. Wondering if your is rusty as well. If not can we speed things along ? If it's bad please excuse my bid withdrawal as the remainder doesn't do me any good.
Artart

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Artart,

I replied to your email with the following, "I just double-checked the top. Even though the front bow is covered in vinyl, I do not see any sign of rust. The weather stripping looks fine, and the top's mechanism works well."

As for speeding things along, I have already ended several auctions for just such a reason. I suppose I could do the same for you. I do have someone coming over tomorrow to take a look at it. Please let me know if you want me to cancel that appointment and end the auction early.

Jim, glad I could help. Have you tried, "why do today what I can put off til tomorrow?" on your wife? It didn't work with my wife either. :)

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep AC, I changed my eBay user name. I used to have a hokey website with my cats' pictures.

Too bad you can't have CAPS on eBay. 67gtv indeed. :)

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
75evo said:
Hi,

How much for the Spica throttle plates (only)?

Thanks,

Zamani
Hi Zamani,

Someone in Australia is interested in buying the entire manifold and thottle bodies from me.

I have another set that need to be cleaned up. I was going to list them this week. Interested?

Btw, I did pretty good for my first time selling on eBay. Most of my parts were sold. Now I'm a shipping fool.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just put a lot more Alfa parts up for auction on eBay. Please have a look. Thank you!

Items for Sale by 67gtv

Alfa Romeo Spider Altissimo Side Marker Light

Alfa Romeo Ferrari Fiat Sunbeam Wiper Blades

Alfa Romeo BMW Fiat Peugeot Simca Wiper Blade

Alfa Romeo Spider Power Window Regulator NOS

Alfa Romeo GTV 1750 2000 Wiper Arm

Alfa Romeo Giulia Giulietta Locks with Keys

Alfa Romeo Spider GTV Spica Pulley Cover

Alfa Romeo GTV Giulia Carello Lenses

Alfa Romeo GTV,GT Jr,GTC Giulia Carello Lense

Alfa Romeo Spider Sun Visors

99-03 VW GTI Golf A4 Front Anti-Roll Bar

Talbot Mirror for Alfa Romeo,Ferrari,Porsche

Air Horns for Alfa Romeo/Ferrari/Fiat/Porsche

·
Registered
150 Posts
top arrived fine!

Kai
Just wanted you to know my wife picked up the top for me Tuesday (Greyhound called Monday AM just as I was leaving town again) I opened the box last night, haven't got everything out and opened yet but it appears to have made the trip fine. You must have spent $10 on duck tape alone...thanks Art:D

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Art,

I'm so glad to hear that the top made it intact! I was worried that it would get crushed by passenger baggage. (I had to use Greyhound because the darned box was too large for UPS or FedEx.) Yes, I used a LOT of duct tape. Like 1-1/2 rolls! Sniady would've been proud of me.

I hope you are happy with your purchase! Thanks Art!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not a problem Zamani. I have them boxed up and ready to go. It's a much smaller box so not nearly as much duct tape though. ;)

·
Registered
203 Posts
I see you shipped greyhound? I have some bumpers that I need shipped and the shipper and I aren't sure the best/cheapest way. Tell me more about this greyhound shipping. I've got 100lbs of bumpers and the post office is basicaly about 90¢ a pound. Thing UPS isn't going to give better deal either. I don't care lenght of time in shipping. If it takes 2 weeks that's okay with me.

Sarah.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sarah,

Go to http://www.shipgreyhound.com/ to check out Greyhound's GPX shipping. Their prices are pretty good but space is dependant on passenger baggage. The shipper has to bring them to a bus station and you have to picked them up from a bus station. You may want to check FedEx Ground rates. They're lower than UPS.

100 lbs. of bumpers?!? Two pieces? What are they lead filled?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts