Alfa Romeo Forums banner

101 - 120 of 615 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #103 (Edited)
Micheal, Make me a reasonable offer for the mount. I am not sure what the going rate is for this item, no longer for sale as a new item. I would have to do some research.
My home # 905 436 1220
you can pm me on the abb or email [email protected]

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Chia. Transmissions are complete and asembled but used. motors are partially disassembled and used. I think 1 fi and one carb engine. Where do you live? Send me your # and I will call you.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
MichealS, Here are photos of the 2 styles of mounts, plus some other parts from the same storage box.
why are these different? i see the bolt hole bracket are located in different spots longitudally. any idea which mounts belongs to which tranny/motor? are they different between 1750 or 2000 gtv?

regards

davbert

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
The transmission mount that is sloped is for a 1969 daul circuit brake mc USA Series 1 1750 GTV Spider or Berlina.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
i have a series 1 1750gtv dual booster car

ok that makes sense for the extra circuit but it still strange... . does this mean the mk1 bolts or bosses for that mount are located a 1or 3/4 of an inch from the 2liters or 1600? i cant fully understand why the eye hole location would be different when they all share the same motor mounts and trannys?

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
wrong Zip Code ?

Michael, Went to the post office after work on Friday. I had your envelope with return address lightly taped to the box to ask about the 4 extra digits at the end of the Zip Code. Noticed you posted your Zip on the above thread as 22030 (this is what I put on the box and the postal service label ) and the return address on your envelpoe is 22032-3725. I did not notice the difference of the 0 and 2. So I brought it home to verify the Zips on the internet. Looks like 22032-3725 is correct. I will mail it monday as last pick up friday was at 4:45 pm.

Brad

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
The transmission mount that is sloped is for a 1969 dual circuit brake mc USA Series 1 1750 GTV Spider or Berlina.
Maybe not the whole story.

The 1969 Canadian Spec GTV AR*1362163*, single circuit original braking system, had the more rearward placed chassis mount for the rear trans mount thus requiring, as you call it, a "sloping trans mount". This allowed clearance for the longer under floor dual circuit MC.

This of course made it quite easy to install the 1969 USA Spec dual master when this AR*1362163*, ex Gunter Mayer/ex Bulova series racer was restored in the 1990's.

This all came to light at Roman Auto Prep when the more common trans mount would not fit and the original for the GTV was in Toronto. There happened to be a 1969 USA chassis in the shop so that trans mount was borrowed for the racer.

It is possible that assembly line economies drove all "69" chassis' to have this rearward mount, but I do not know.

FWIW

Ken

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Maybe not the whole story.

The 1969 Canadian Spec GTV AR*1362163*, single circuit original braking system, had the more rearward placed chassis mount for the rear trans mount thus requiring, as you call it, a "sloping trans mount". This allowed clearance for the longer under floor dual circuit MC.

This of course made it quite easy to install the 1969 USA Spec dual master when this AR*1362163*, ex Gunter Mayer/ex Bulova series racer was restored in the 1990's.

This all came to light at Roman Auto Prep when the more common trans mount would not fit and the original for the GTV was in Toronto. There happened to be a 1969 USA chassis in the shop so that trans mount was borrowed for the racer.

It is possible that assembly line economies drove all "69" chassis' to have this rearward mount, but I do not know.

FWIW

Ken
Was the sloped trans mount used in later models after the pedals moved to the firewall?

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Was the sloped trans mount used in later models after the pedals moved to the firewall?
No, the trans mount reverted to the earlier geometry for the hung pedaled models, as far as I know.

Ciao

Ken

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
series 1 Euro 1750 GTV front parking lites

Hi Robert, Here are 4 photos of the signal lites with gaskets. I quikly cleaned them up, I left the red and primer overspray on one of the lites and cleaned it off the other with chrome polish.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Series 1 Euro 1750 GTV front parking lites

The above pictured parking lites are sold.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Brad....can you post a closer-up picture (both sides) of the pedal assembly back-up plate for the floor mounted pedals? If they're rust free I would be interested in them. PM me your asking price on that if you want as well...thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wiper motor

Hi,
Do You have a wiper motor from a GTV? I have a 69spider and I believe they use the same part. If you do can you please let me know how much.

Thanks
Gaspare

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Rossano, What is this part you refer to ? Did I post a photo of it or did you see it in my garage?

Gaspare, I think I have a wipermotor, I will look in my garage. Where do you live?

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
part

Rossano, I spent 15 min cleaning it with hand cleaner and a scrubby, looks really good for a 43 year old part.

Attachments

101 - 120 of 615 Posts