Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Was talking to Larry Sr. 2days ago after 10 minutes of jawing about everything but my part. He told me he’s 70 so bear with it. It had been 18 years since my last transaction he was determined to find my purchase history. I asked about Jr. Yep he’s still in the thick of it but doesn’t work phone much. I don’t think their under new management. Alfa Parts Exchange. Honest. Reasonable

·
Premium Member
21,944 Posts
Larry Jr has his own phone, 925 200-1998. They are in fact in separate locations maybe an hour apart, Acampo (Lodi) and Tracy. Larry Sr handles the majority of the big-stuff parts and whole cars, Larry Jr does a lot of rebuilding, remanufacturing V6 kits, etc.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I recall the days when they had their place in Hayward and you could stop in on Saturday, climb up the shelves and hand pick your wish list of parts. After picking your stash, the horse trading, negotiating and general banter started over coffee and donuts. The eventual "cost" for parts was well worth the price of admission and entertainment. I think Larry finally put an end to the weekend hours as they were upside down in the time vs money exchange. But those were great days.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts