Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My parting gift to anyone, Enrique?, that wants to discuss Alfa Owner....

I've posted a quote that was received this week from a member, “The Way the Alfa Owner Should Be” “...This is terrific and tells a story we can all appreciate and relate to.”

A couple of disclaimers:

1) to let others provide their feedback/input etc. freely and without influence, I've sent my own opinions, criticisms, likes and dislikes as compared to our current product to board members off-board.

2) this item was produced by one of the competing bidders for the Owner when the current holder of the contract was awarded it. Just so there is no misinterpretation of favoritism here, Pat and I were bidding against the producer of this product, we knew it, he did not; and there was a friendship that is still in tact.

3) there are no technical articles due to the coverage of an event; when Pat did convention coverage many times the entire Owner was dedicated to that just as this book is.

The item that pertains to the quote may be viewed at:

http://www.motorcityalfa2007.org/images/stories/motorcityalfa2007 book.pdf

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Why isn't the Watkins Glen SVRA/Vintage Festival event covered in Alfa Owner? After the Marque event 3 years ago, you can count the Alfa spectator attendees on one hand which I think is pretty pathetic. :(

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Why isn't the Watkins Glen SVRA/Vintage Festival event covered in Alfa Owner? After the Marque event 3 years ago, you can count the Alfa spectator attendees on one hand which I think is pretty pathetic. :(
My guess is that you, or someone else who is aware of the event in advance, is not sending in the announcement to get it posted on the calendar. (Maybe you could offer to buy a round at the Seneca to all who attend in their Alfas.) ;)
Then write a followup article and send some of your great pictures to encourage support for the event in the future.
As has been pointed out - 'The Owner' is primarily authored by its readership. (which is part of the 'issue' - some don't know and some don't care.:D)

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
My parting gift to anyone, Enrique?, that wants to discuss Alfa Owner....
Thanks for your effort, Cheryl. I've never had any problems speaking with any member, or club director, or the head office, and any suggestion that I may have had has always been passed to the intended party, without issue. Thus, I will continue to use the club's existing and long-established avenues to do so. I have had excellent discussions through those means of communication, and the Board members are really fun to interact with... :)

Best regards,

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
My guess is that you, or someone else who is aware of the event in advance, is not sending in the announcement to get it posted on the calendar. (Maybe you could offer to buy a round at the Seneca to all who attend in their Alfas.) ;)
Then write a followup article and send some of your great pictures to encourage support for the event in the future.
As has been pointed out - 'The Owner' is primarily authored by its readership. (which is part of the 'issue' - some don't know and some don't care.:D)
That is where an informed publisher and board of directors is important and bridges the gap. They should not have to rely solely on the readership.

Thanks for your effort, Cheryl. I've never had any problems speaking with any member, or club director, or the head office, and any suggestion that I may have had has always been passed to the intended party, without issue. Thus, I will continue to use the club's existing and long-established avenues to do so. I have had excellent discussions through those means of communication, and the Board members are really fun to interact with... :)

Best regards,
For you and I it works that way....for others it does not, which was more than adequately pointed out. Status quo is the only thing that is garnered the way it is done now.

ossodiseppia said:
Are you going somewhere?
How's crazy? I thought I'd try a change of scenery --- maybe a stay at the local insane asylum would accomplish that? ;)

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
For you and I it works that way....for others it does not, which was more than adequately pointed out. Status quo is the only thing that is garnered the way it is done now.
Since you mentioned me by name, I just wanted to state that I would continue to use the traditional avenues. :) Just my choice, which in no way affects the choice of "others"... ;)

Best regards,

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP
16,232 Posts
My thought about the Owner is that it never seems to list any 10544s for sale! :(

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
The Owner definitely needs more articles written by me...uhhhh, maybe I should get off my keester and write them!:)

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
The Owner definitely needs more articles written by me...uhhhh, maybe I should get off my keester and write them!:)
Hear, hear...
Here, here...
Here, hear...:D

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
How's crazy? I thought I'd try a change of scenery --- maybe a stay at the local insane asylum would accomplish that? ;)
btdt - it's over-rated:D

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
I just got the January issue of the Alfa Owner. Literally, the mailman just handed it over to me. So, precisely because of this thread, I took a close look at it, and I have to say: it's a joy to see! It's definitely a nice issue, and I have noticed that the Owner is now consistently better than it was. Yes, there is definitely room for improvement, but it's a pleasure to see that the content is so much better. This certainly gives me an incentive to send in suggestions and perhaps help in making it even better. A *big* thanks to Brewster, and all who work so hard on our magazine! :)

Best regards,
Enrique

P.S. lgbalafa, your car looks great!

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
I just got the January issue of the Alfa Owner. Literally, the mailman just handed it over to me. So, precisely because of this thread, I took a close look at it, and I have to say: it's a joy to see! It's definitely a nice issue, and I have noticed that the Owner is now consistently better than it was. Yes, there is definitely room for improvement, but it's a pleasure to see that the content is so much better. This certainly gives me an incentive to send in suggestions and perhaps help in making it even better. A *big* thanks to Brewster, and all who work so hard on our magazine! :)

Best regards,
Enrique

P.S. lgbalafa, your car looks great!
thanks! :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Speaking of articles for the Owner, there was a beautiful spider at Detroit that had a really cool custom trailer to carry race tires, jackand tools for the time trial. I thought that the trailer deserved an article for the Owner. Now who has that beautiful black spider? Ciao, Joe Faherty

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Speaking of articles for the Owner, there was a beautiful spider at Detroit that had a really cool custom trailer to carry race tires, jackand tools for the time trial. I thought that the trailer deserved an article for the Owner. Now who has that beautiful black spider? Ciao, Joe Faherty
Enrique,

Are your ears ringing? ;)

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Certainly you mean this one. Right, Joe?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
That's it! Joe
Maybe Enrique will tell you more about it after he wakes up in the a.m.
It would be cool if he would write an article for the Owner. I know at least one person who would like to copy his plans. ;);)

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
It would be cool if he would write an article for the Owner. I know at least one person who would like to copy his plans. ;);)
Yes I agree, for me I wish there was more stuff on the S-3 and S-4 Spiders and Enrique knows them very well. The time line he has done is a classic example.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts