Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Super not running. No spark at any plugs. Tested fuse box with circuit tester. Power to 5 right hand fuses (lights and all the bits which don't affect the internal combustion side of things). Nothing to remaining (ignition etc).

I am a bit lost when it comes to the dark art of auto electrics. Any suggested causes or things I should check would be welcomed. Keen to hit the road again.

thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
21,129 Posts
You have power on the + side of the coil with the key on? If not it won't run. Another test, hook a test light up to the - side of the coil, crank engine. Light go on and off? If not, won't run.
Andrew

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your input, turned out to be multiple issues starting with poor fuse connection, dodgy distributor and a couple of knackered leads. Just about to install 123 distributor and new leads so hopefully all will be sorted

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
Thanks for your input, turned out to be multiple issues starting with poor fuse connection, dodgy distributor and a couple of knackered leads. Just about to install 123 distributor and new leads so hopefully all will be sorted
I have a wiring diagram for a US '66 Super if you'd like it.

Contact me by email if you'd like me to send it (email is: my handle @ gmail)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts