Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a early 67 Duetto 663570 with a 502 20115 motor which if my logic is correct is from a late 65 Giulia Gt. Having a little problem getting consistant specifications on both motors. My motor has twin DCOE 40's. Is it essentially the same motor or is possible since this is a early car this is the original motor? Which I doubt. Thanks for any help. Haig Haleblian
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
yep a 502 motor is out of a Sprint GT. A 67 Duetto should have an 00536 engine. Yes the blocks are essentially the same, I think the 00536 had an extra 3hp or something of that magnitude. I think that extra power came through changes in the head possibly? What Tipo number is on the top of the Webers?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looking for a 502 engine.
Hopefully I can locate this engine here in South Africa. I bought a 1964 Giulia Sprint GT without the correct engine.
I am hoping to locate this engine through the power of this forum and also get usefull tipps during her restauration.
Thanks, Nico

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
In The US A 502 Motor Usually Indicates A Chevy 502 CI Crate Motor. When I Saw The Heading For This Thread I Thought Someone Had Really Did Something Crazy - Like The 57' Alfa Spider I Bought Many Years Ago That Had A 289 CI Ford Motor In It. -John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts