Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I’ve recently purchased a Montreal and was wanting to do create a group 4 homage.
Can anyone point me in the right direction to get the flares, bonnet, wheels etc.
Thanks
Regards Joseph

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, I’ve recently purchased a Montreal and was wanting to do create a group 4 homage.
Can anyone point me in the right direction to get the flares, bonnet, wheels etc.
Thanks
Regards Joseph
Don't ruin a beautiful car...keep it standard. Pleeease. Montreal's look good with slightly lower suspension and nothing else!!!!!

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Don't ruin a beautiful car...keep it standard. Pleeease. Montreal's look good with slightly lower suspension and nothing else!!!!!
Congratulations on your first post, in seven years on the ABB! 105 Montreal message must have spoken to you. There are a few Group 4 and tribute cars out there; some are well done but probably a good way to make a small fortune -out of a large one.

Mark

·
Registered
35 Posts
My tip to all Montreal owners with body kit aspirations: read the complete racing history of the Montreal, well described e.g. in the Patrick Dasse book. Just abysmal.

·
Registered
8,071 Posts
So, are you saying leave it stock?
depends...is it a wreck that needs full restoration? or a great condition car?
If the latter I'd leave it standard.

Photos?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Would love to transform this into a track car but I need to finish another Montreal first. Time is not on my side and not enough hours in the day. It’s a complete car too. Good luck with your project and keep us up to date.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
So, are you saying leave it stock?
Who, me? Sorry, I wouldn't try to suggest what is best for you. If the car is a nice original, I would keep it that way with very few, if any, easily reversible modifications. I'm not a fan of the original turbino wheels, so always change them but save them for the cars next custodian.

If the Montreal has been badly crashed, burned or rusted, I guess anything is more or less an improvement. Just keep in mind, any modifications usually cost you twice; once when you make them and again when you try to sell the modified vehicle. The main exception being factory modified race cars.

Good Luck!

Mark

·
Administrator
12,551 Posts
Montreals are for taking your better looking other half on an elegant trip to the Riviera
Pete

1 - 11 of 11 Posts