Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in new Montreal Engine Mounts, please contact me if you are in the USA. They are a lot less expensive than importing a set from overseas.

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
PM sent to you.

·
Registered
106 Posts
engine mounts

Hi
I would like a set of engine mounts if you can post them to England, if you let me know how much I will pay through paypal, if that is not convenient then please let me know your preferred method of payment. I can be contacted at:-
[email protected]

Many thanks and seasons greetings.

Regards Geoff

1976 Montreal
1984 Alfetta GTV

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I'm still interested in those motor mounts and would definitely want a pair. Please get in touch with me. Thanks, Peter.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, but I have been out of town, and just returned. Please contact me with your e-mail address and the address you want the Engine Mounts sent to so I can get a price for the UPS Shipping. My e-mail address is: [email protected]
Again, please excuse the delay in replying to your posts. Thanks!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Val,
I need you to send me your address and Zip Code so that I can get a cost for the Shipping from UPS. E-mail me please. Thanks.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello again from sunny Michigan! I am kidding of course!! The sun does come out, but it is COLD!!!
Anyway, I am at the point of re-installing my Engine back in the car. Just finished cleaning up the Engine Mounts, and remembered offering them for sale a while ago. The offer still goes. I am attaching some pictures of my Engine Mounts in the car before the Engine goes in so you can all see what they look like. BTW, they are not handed.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
G'day mate!
No reason whatsoever!! A few people bought my Engine Mounts and I sent them to Australia. So, let me know, and I can send you a PayPal Invoice for you to respond to. My contact details are as follows:

Karl Robertson
4818 Malibu Drive
Bloomfield Hills
Michigan 48302
USA.

[email protected]
+1 248 766 9141

·
Push hard and live
9,124 Posts
I admire Karl's enthusiasm, but when I bought a set I found out a year later that they don't fit correctly. He offered to take them back, but I declined just in case I decided to use them later on a boat where perfect originality wouldn't really matter.

They will probably work ok, but they have a slightly different height and end up oriented as he shows in the new pictures. Just be aware of the differences before incurring significant shipping costs.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
By the way, the Shipping costs to Australia for the Set of 2 Engine Mounts, is between $25 and $30. This is by USPS. There is a reference number but if you want a Tracking Number the price goes up to $45. I don't see the need for a Tracking Number. I send and receive a number of things just in the mail to overseas, and have not had a single loss so far.
Anyway, these Engine Mounts were one of the first things I developed and offered on this forum. I believe that they are a superior mount to the original ones developed by Alfa Romeo. First, they are non-handed, second they are slightly higher (about 3.0mm), this gives you slightly better clearance between the Oil Pan / Sump and the Front Cross Member. They are of a higher durometer material (harder) so they do not deflect as much and the metal base is shaped to absorb some frequency vibrations better that a flat plate. Also they are much less expensive. For the originals I was quoted $120 for each at that time! I believe that the price has come down considerably as a result of my offerings.
I am of the opinion that improving the breed is part of the consideration when owning a classic car. Of course there are the purists who will say otherwise. I do not know of a single judge at a Concours who has peered down under my engine to check for "correct" engine mounts and we have shown the car many times with multiple Gold and Blue Ribbon awards.
I appreciate that this is a Forum and as such, different opinions are always welcome (I hope)!!!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hello all!
This is like "Deja Vu"! This is one of the first things I offered for sale on this forum foe Alfa Montreal Owners. Been a while... 2012 I believe.
Anyway, I still have Engine Mounts for sale if anyone is interested. Let me know. I am offering Free Shipping for the holiday season, so treat the old lady! Free shipping in the USA and 50% for overseas.
Karl Robertson
248) 766 9141
[email protected]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts