Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is to let fellow Alfa Montreal - Bertone Shields are now available. These Bertone Shields have not been available for some time. After considerable lot of time and effort, I am happy to say the finished pieces look really. The final Black Enamel is being applied. Take a look, and let me know what you think,

·
Registered
738 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am sorry that my post seems to be a little garbled. I was in the middle of having an ocular migraine, and so my typing came out like broken English! I am sure most of you got my meaning!!!

]Bertone Badges are now available again

·
Registered
24 Posts
Any more details Robo (price, shipping, etc)? Happy for you to send me a DM if easier or to put it out there for anyone else that might be interested.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The price will be about $90 for a pair of badges plus Shipping. I am trying to work out the details as we speak.
I suggest you send me an e-mail and I will send you a PayPal Invoice. This is not listed on eBay yet.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BTW, the Badges are cast in solid Brass, finished, then Plated and polished, Enameled and baked. There are a lot of steps, but I wanted them to look like a pieces of jewelry...

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They are the same size as the originals. These Bertone Shield Badges were mounted on both sides of the car, on the Front Fenders, above the Rectangular Torino Badge.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BTW, these "Bertone Shield" badges have not been available anywhere for the last number of years. Let me know who wants a set. The process of making the badges takes some time. They need to be cast in Brass, Finished, Plated and finally the Black Enamel needs to be applied.
Price will be $90 for a Pair plus Shipping. I think this is very reasonable for what they are and the time it takes to make the final pieces....

·
Out of the office!
11,295 Posts
BTW, these "Bertone Shield" badges have not been available anywhere for the last number of years. Let me know who wants a set. The process of making the badges takes some time. They need to be cast in Brass, Finished, Plated and finally the Black Enamel needs to be applied.
Price will be $90 for a Pair plus Shipping. I think this is very reasonable for what they are and the time it takes to make the final pieces....
More than reasonable, cheap. There is quite a bit of hand work involved. It's a great price.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I do not have a Radio Cover in my car, so I don't know what it looks like in detail. If you can get some pictures, that may help... Also, does anyone know when there was only a "Blanking Plate" instead of the Radio, was the badge a "Skeleton" B, or the Shield Type?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hello all!
The first batch of Bertone Shield Badges are finally finished and look great. Please take a look at the attached pictures.
Now for the not so good news. I had not counted on the Double Plating, Final Polishing and Enameling. Plus the cost of the Metal (Brass), has gone up.
A Pair of Badges is going to cost $150 (2 badges) plus Shipping, about $10 by USPS in the US. This does not include any of the labor or development time I have put into the project. I figured I was going to do that for myself anyway.
So, please let me know, those of you who would still like the Shield Badges. Thank you all!
Best regards,

Karl Robertson

Attachments

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Please confirm that you are still interested in purchasing a Pair of Bertone Shield Badges. And send me your contact details - Shipping Address, Telephone Number and E-mail Address so I can send you a PayPal Invoice. Thank you!
Regards,

Karl Robertson

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have just installed a set of the Bertone Shield Badges on my car. I will attach a picture shortly. Even if I say so myself, they look great...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts