Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
I'm new here, just bought a 87 Alfa Milano Platinum, and the ABS pump is not working so no clutch and ABS, where can I find this pump?
Is there a difference between the pumps from a gold/silver to platinum?
Is there any differences between the years?
Thanks to you all!
Regards,
Jonathan.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Jonathan,

Only the Milano Platinum and the Milano Verde models came with ABS.

Have you checked the fluid positively?

If you have no clutch, it is likely a separate issue.

If you can find a pump, prepare to pay some serious $$$ as they are hard to find. You may be better off seeking another ABS pump (i.e from a Buick Reatta or similar ABS system) and adapting it to fit, but expect to pay near or upwards of $500.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Cars that used the TEVES MARK 2 ABS (4-wheel, Integral), no mention of ALFA.
Doesn't mean it is an equal exchange (fits)

1985 to 1989 Lincoln Continental
1985 to 1992 Lincoln Mark VII
1986 to 1989 Buick LeSabre
1986 to 1990 Buick Electra, Park Avenue
1986 to 1989 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
1986 to 1990 Cadillac DeVille
1986 to 1990 Oldsmobile 98
1986 to 1990 Pontiac 6000 STE
1987 to 1992 Ford Thunderbird
1987 to 1992 Mercury Cougar
1987 to 1993 Saab 9000
1988 to 1989 Cadillac Eldorado, Seville
1988 to 1989 Buick Reatta, Riviera
1988 to 1989 Merkur Scorpio
1988 to 1990 Oldsmobile Delta 88, Toronado
1988 to 1991 Peugeot 505
1988 to 1990 Pontiac Bonneville & SSE
1991 to 1993 Saab 900
1991 to 1993 Volkswagen Passat

·
Premium Member
15,009 Posts
If the pump does not run when you turn on the ignition then it may just be a blown fuse. If that is the case then you got lucky. If the pump runs continuously and never makes full pressure then the pump could be bad, but it could also be the pressure switch or the accumulator.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the information!
The pump was leaking and the previos owner had tried to fix it but didn't succeed, and he took it out of the car and didn't drive it for a year.
Now I bought the car and trying to figure out what is wrong with it, he told me that it is imposible to fix the pump.
I saw the thread which one person took a buick abs pump and adjusted it to his alfa, is it recomended to do so?
All the models above that used the TEVES MARK 2 ABS, can I take a pump from them and to adjust it to work on my car?
Debugging the ABS system is to cancle it?
I really appriciate all your help!
Regards,
Jonathan

·
Premium Member
15,009 Posts
It is not all that complicated but it is obsolete. So you often have to replace failed parts with used ones. I have sold two Verdes this year and they both had working ABS systems. You should start collecting wheel sensors if you plan to keep the ABS. I did not have to replace a master cylinder/solenoid valve assembly or a computer during the 10 car-years of Verde ownership, but I replaced everything else at least once.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Found a reatta pump, an 88 one, thats the reatta pump thats the same as our milano right?
On the reatta the accumulator goes right on the pump is it like that in our milanos or would I need to do an extension to raise the accumulator?
Thanks for all your help guys!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Reatta pump should work with minor Fing around.Have fun bleeding your brakes LoL!before you do BE PREPARED as it is a major PITA!

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
The ABS bled is easy vs the non-ABS.

I have put the reatta pump in the verde I think the pump is improved. get a new accumulator they do not seem to work if they are removed. a complete de-pressurization of a used one seems to pop the diagram inside.

I have put the ABS in the gold I got as the non-ABS just felt so bad and slow I could not stand it.

I run with the ABS function off on both cars due to not finding good wheel senders yet.
but the feels of the ABS-system even with the ABS not working is so good.

I used the switch off the old pump so I did not have to change any plug. just swamped the switch and it dropped right in.

The accumulator sits on the other side but it fits fine like that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts