Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

I have an urgent dilemma with my 84 Alfa Romeo Spider... the 2.0l one.

Recently, the clutch started to act up and will not engage into any gear from neutral. I hear a clunk and the pedal just goes all the way to the floor.

I can't drive the car without it shifting gears. :(

I live in the peninsula - specifically in San Mateo near Belmont. Are there places nearby who are good with Alfa Romeo Spider and clutch repair?

I would need to tow it to the shop somehow right? I think my insurance allows one tow... I can use it for this I think.

Does anyone know estimate costs?

Some adventurous mechanics seem to be able to fix it themselves.... (I did a small search) but I doubt I can handle it without extra help and an extra transmission jacks or what not.

I'm a total checkbook mechanic and besides oil changes and spark plug changes I have not done much to cars. Any help would be awesome!

Thanks

·
Registered
333 Posts
Are you sure it is the clutch? Sounds like it could be a pedal problem (fairly common). Check to see if the master or slave cylinders are being actuated when the pedal is depressed.

There are a couple of shops near by. Italian performance in San Carlos (650.580.8178). The other is a small place, Scientific ?? on Old County, just south of Harbor. I have not used either, but both come recommended by (most) locals.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just checking address..

Thank you for the reply! I will be sure to ask about the pedal problem when I talk to the auto places.

Now, I found an Auto Scientific in Belmont
1140 Old County Road
Belmont, CA 94002
(650) 592-2869

Is this the place? it's North of Harbor, just south of Ralston. I wanted to make sure on that one.

Thanks

·
Registered
what part?
9,997 Posts
check the pivit pin on the clutch pedal.. most likey the problem...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts