Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Try

Boss Auto

514-328-0952

Ask for Carmelo, he is the owner, and the only guy that touches my Spider.

He has been around for years, and has a very good name in the Italian community in Montreal.

He speacializes in European cars. ( Volvo, BMW, Mercedes )

What are you checking out in Montreal?

Michael

·
Registered
645 Posts
Hey guys are you both from Montreal? There is also Sylvestre on larcheveque street in mtl Nord, he was lambo canada mechanic. Great place to see diablo and countach . Also Imola on Racette street in mtl Nord as well

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Well, it looks like I am moving to Montreal...my old home town again!

I would love to meet up with all you Montreal and area Alfisti! Do you have an organized club, or do you need someone to put that together? I am currently the leader, meeting facilitator (or whatever you want to call me) for the Hampton Roads area of Virginia Club, which is a Branch of the Mid-Atlantic Alfa Romeo Club (MAARC) of AROC-USA. I am also the Membership Director for MAARC.

If you don't yet have a club going, I would love to help get one put together, and if you do have one, then I am certainly happy to help out! Oh, and "Je parle francais!"

Send me an e-mail at [email protected] and let me know what the Montreal area Alfisti do to have fun with their cars. Is there any good vintage racing?

Salut!

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I second the positive comments about Sylvestre. He maintained my 69 GTV when I lived in the Montreal area. In addition to tune ups etc, he rebuilt the front end and the transmission. I found his prices to be fair, and when necessary he would pick up and deliver my car, and my office was at least 30kms from his garage. I was always happy with his work and his prices.

Ken

·
Registered
645 Posts
That will be so nice. I don t beleive there is any club here in Montreal or east of Canada. There is the Ferrari challenge at Mont Tremblant and many event occur there every year. But never heard any alfa club or event. And i m sure we have many alfas here and we could do something cool. I have no experience organising club or siomilar event but you seem to have the experience needed. When are you moving back here? It will be cool to do something. Even if it is Italian car meeting. The italian community is so big and many will accept to show their cars....That ll be so cool i m all exited. I posted post on the digest forum(sorry to talk about the competiton) no one answer me back and them Taso showed me here. This is nice.:D
David

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
David,

I'm not sure when exactly I'll be coming up, but it will be in the next few weeks. I look forward to getting together with you and any other Alfisti in the area, as soon as I can.

If there aren't enough Alfas, we certainly could make it the Italian Car Club. That way, we would make it possible to have FIATs, Lancias, Maseratis, Ferraris, etc. all included. I'm sure that there are enough owners to put together a nice club!

Salut,

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
David and Alex,

From the Alfa Club of Canada web site (www.alfaclub.ca):

Regional Contacts

Don Best
Vancouver
(604) 939-5056

Bob Merchant
Calgary
(403) 244-9150

Chesley Wells
Edmonton
(403) 963-9199

George Beston
Toronto
(905) 372-3552

Jack Livingstone
Ottawa
(613) 232-6335

Yves Boulanger
Montreal
(450) 692-7478

I know the Ottawa club is very active. When I lived in Montreal, I used to attend a lot of their events. You could contact Yves and see what is happening in Montreal. The last I heard, they were doing things with the Fiat club.

Ken

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
David,

Oui, je parle francais, mais ma grammaire n'est pas ci bonne. En tous cas, j'espere que j'aurais beaucoup d'opportunite pour le pratiquer pendant les prochaines plusiers annees!

To translate for non-French speakers: Yes, I speak French, but my grammar sucks. Anyway, I hope to have lots of opportunity to practice over the next several years!

Salut,

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
David,

I will bring my Spider up first. Then, I will eventually bring the Milano Verde (maybe in the spring?). By next summer, I should be able to bring the '73 GTV (hopefully with new paint, glass and a roll-cage put in). The '71 GTV is now just a shell and I'm going to cut it up for spare body parts (it was rolled on a race track). I'm going to leave my other Milano with my son.

I'll try and get some pics of my Milanos up here soon.

D'accord?

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
I guess I'm going to need a Barn!!!

I'm going to be working in LeGardeur, just East of the Island on the North Shore (near Route 40). I am hoping to find a nice place somewhere with a BIG garage! :D

Salut,

1 - 20 of 59 Posts