Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
brand new alfa owner in nm needs mechanical and cosmetic issues addressed for 88 spider volice. old triumph man no longer interested in doing the hard stuff (like installing new rear brake pads, or fitting new top), been there, done that. want to build nice driver from what i think is a pretty good starter car. 70 yrs old and enjoy doing the small stuff, but at this point i would rather drive it than work on it. anybody know someone?

·
Push hard and live
10,452 Posts
The new owner of my 86 Quad (silver) lives in ABQ. You might keep an eye out for him, as he'll probably need a local mechanic. I say that not because my car is likely to have problems, but because I don't think he knows his way around a wrench. After taking the car, he came back and asked what the buzzing noise was. I suggested he fasten his seat belt.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Call Gordon Self... good guy and long time alfa romeo mechanic in ABQ.

·
Registered
512 Posts
here ya go... alfadoc.com Gordon's a top shelf guy...

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Gordon's shop in Albuquerque

The New Mexico Alfa club is meeting at Gordon's for a lunch on Saturday, June 11th. You'd be welcome!
Gordon is at 505 220-4712.
Richard B.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alfa mech in abq nm

Thanks guys, got hooked up with Gorden, great guy, great mechanic.
Sorry I missed the party, but the big fire is getting too close to my house so had to come home

·
Premium Member
27,378 Posts
I first met Gordon in Santa Fe in 98 and my friend Jim had Gordon do a tranny replacement in his 91 164L before that.

He seems to be a really good mech and all around good guy.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
I grew up in ABQ, but only met Gordon two years ago at the Portland convention. Somehow I just KNEW he would be a cool guy, and I was absolutely correct - from one Gordon to another!!!:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts