Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering letting my mother have my '87 Milano. She has a Mazda 3 with an auto transmission, but though in her '70s, she misses getting to drive a stick and loves the Milano. (I have too many cars and would rather keep the car in the family than sell it.)

She lives in Mobile, AL so she would be on her own maintenance-wise (I live in Maryland). Though she would keep the Mazda, I still concerned with her being able to keep the car running. In my two years and a few thousand miles, I've needed only one visit to my Alfa mechanic (t-belt and drive shaft donuts), but I've been under the hood many many times fixing small issues to keep the car running. So, if my mom doesn't have someone who is familiar with these kinds of cars in or at least near Mobile, I don't think I'd give her the car.

Anyone have someone they can recommend? If not specifically Alfa, at least older Italian/foreign cars (familiarity with L-Jetronic at least)?

Thanks, Jim

·
Premium Member
13,473 Posts
Alfar7 may know someone as he is just down the road in Pensacola.

·
Richard Jemison
7,187 Posts
Mobile

Pronounced "Mo'bill....

Hope she really lives on the 'eastern shore"

No Alfa mechanics there. Contact the "Deep South Region' of the Alfa owner`s club. Ex pres lives in Mo'bill.
See list on the BB.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! For what it's worth, my mom's originally from the Midwest, not far from the Great White North, so though she's lived in Mo'bill for many years, she still says "Mo-BEEL". She's more of an Dakotan/Iowan than a Southerner, for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts