Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will probably need an Alfa Mechanic in Atlanta as I don't feel comfortable fooling with the SPICA. I used to go to Autodelta 20 years ago but Albert is gone and Bob? sold it. Are they still recommended?
Are there others?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Bob ran it for years after Albert was hit by a drunk driver in 96. He could not go back and run it because of his injuries. When Albert died in 09 his parnets sold it. Bob went and opened his own shop called Alfa Atlanta. You can find it by googling the name. I worked there in the late 80's through mid 90's.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Whatever you do stay FAR AWAY from Rally Around. I used him to purchase a spider. He advised me that it was in great shape, no rust etc. The car arrived needing complete floors, rear shelf rust etc. The top he said was good, except the glass was opaque, its totally trashed. he did not know how to do a PROPER compression test, knew little of the SPICA. Total tool. The brakes have big issues, there are electrical problems. Car is a basket case. This guy is a nice guy, but very incompetent.
STAY AWAY!!!!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks howndog!
My big concern is/was the spica. However, I found a vacuum line that was unplugged on the air intake that now closes a valve on it's throat. So, now it starts even when warm. But it needs to be evaluated and tuned.
The car has very low mileage but sat for a few years. And, though structurally sound, has rust. So I want to make sure it is mechanically O.K. before I pump thousands into the body, top, and interior.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, I see now. Rally Around is the old Autodelta shop.
I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I've been down that road with shops before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts