41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I really like the idea of making custom mats. Mine are really good quality but getting shabby. Don't know who made them. They have a large (5") logo in the center. Avery looks like a good product and has a range of color. I went looking for patches and found these. I would probably center mount them as well. Too big?

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01CECDTAE?tag=amz-mkt-chr-us-20&ascsubtag=1ba00-01000-s1060-win70-other-smile-us000-pcomp-feature-scomp-wm-4
i don't think 5" would be too big.

i actually think it would look really nice.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Guys, how do you think, is it possible to recreate original mats from Accessories Catalog?
Spider mats were black
60897226 - with crest and script
60897215 - with red script (shown)
60897225 - with crest only

P.S. lgbalfa, yours mats look exactly like 60897225!

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Guys, how do you think, is it possible to recreate original mats from Accessories Catalog?
Spider mats were black

i think that the script logo mats would be extremely hard to replicate.

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Spider mats were black

my favorite is:

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Hello everyone!

I went for a drive in my friends new 3 wheel Morgan the other day.

I loved his new floor mats in that car which were Berber mats.

This has inspired me to order a set for the Alfa!

I was torn between the solid black and the black / heathered but ultimately went with the solid black.

For the cost of $72 shipped (had a 20% discount code), I figured how could you go wrong?

If anyone is located in NJ, I will be more than happy to give you my custom made logo mats from last year for free!

If there is no one in NJ, I will give them to anyone here for free as long as you pay for the shipping and located in America.

You can e-mail me directly:

[email protected]

Thanks

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Where did you order the berber set from?
I ordered them from AutoAnything.

They are the Lloyd Berber 2 mat.

$89 but with the 20% discount it came to $71.92 (free shipping).

I'll post pics when I receive them.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
New Berber mats have been installed.

See attached photos.

Quality and fit are excellent.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
As long as we're talking mats, I saw some great mats in a '60 Alfa Giulietta spider at the just-happened Tutto Italiano event at Lars Anderson park, Brookline, MA. The owner was a *very* discerning gentleman.

Check out the selection at cocomats.com .

I have no financial stake in this recommendation...

·
Registered
265 Posts
I got to thinking about my tired floor mats. I loved the design of my mats but they were worn out. When I tried to order new mats I found that copyrights kept me from gettting what I wanted. I came up with an idea of how to produce an embroidered look, thanks to IGBALFA's design. Picture's worth a thousand words so check it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Part due. I bought some nice mats from a reputable seller who could not do any sort of logo, not even a script of the Alfa brand! So I ordered them blank and a couple of high quality embroidered logo patches. Thanks to IGBALFA for the inspiration.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
You did a great job!

Glad I was able to give you the inspiration!

On another note, I see you have a Nardi wood steering wheel.

I am getting mine installed tomorrow.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Last year, I too was looking for a suitable branded floormat for my Spider. As a matter of fact I thought I ordered some from Norway but nothing ever showed up. I ended up buying these fairly large patches with the thought of sewing them onto a plain new set of floormats. Then I got the bright idea to toss my existing nicely scripted Alfa Romeo interior color matching floormats in the washer and they came out looking beautiful. But they are back to their weird floor pan molded bendiness, so not pretty and not ideal. Maybe I will revisit my plan for new mats.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Where can one find the black vinyl floor mats that originally came in my 76 Spider??? I need to replace the drivers side (heel & toe damage) and am really happy with the vinyl look. Really don't want to carpet this thing.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts