Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since there seems to be a limited amount of providers who sell floor mats with the alfa romeo logo on it (due to copyright) i decided i will have to make my own.

i just ordered solid black floor mats. i was debating between avery floor mats and lloyds and decided on avery.

i ordered a few small logo patches on ebay and will have them professional sewed on.

should look good i hope.

i'll post pics in a few weeks once i complete it.

thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
lg,

When I put carpet into my 1750 I did the very same thing; it looks great and imho, much better quality.

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
Can't wait to see them.

My set, bought from one of the usual suppliers are ok, but keeps curling under at the gas pedal area.

Vin

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
How about a sneak peek at those logo patches?

Vin

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can't wait to see them.

My set, bought from one of the usual suppliers are ok, but keeps curling under at the gas pedal area.

Vin
thanks vin.

i'll keep everyone posted.

the mats cost me $74 and the patches cost me $6.

i think that this will be a good option since no one really sells the logo floor mats anymore.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
I did notice both Centerline and Classicalfa list floormats with Alfa logo. Maybe they are not in stock?
Cheers, Jon

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did notice both Centerline and Classicalfa list floormats with Alfa logo. Maybe they are not in stock?
Cheers, Jon
the reviews for the logo mats from centerline have been poor from what i read on here.

the logo floor mats from classic alfa are ugly. they are not even a full colored logo.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Not taking sides. It was stated that "no one really sells logo floor mats anymore".
Perhaps "acceptable" should have been included. I have always had good luck with both suppliers, particularly when I brought to their attention that the quality was less than expected.
Cheers, Jon

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Not taking sides. It was stated that "no one really sells logo floor mats anymore".
Perhaps "acceptable" should have been included. I have always had good luck with both suppliers, particularly when I brought to their attention that the quality was less than expected.
Cheers, Jon
for my standards and photos that i have seen, the centerline floormats wouldn't work based on the reviews i read.

classicalfa probably makes a nice floor mat but i am looking for something in full color.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
floor mats have arrived.

they are very nice!

28 ounce carpet.

the IAP floor mats that i am replacing are thicker but the avery floor mats are still acceptable.

i have not put them in the car yet so i cannot verify the fit but i will tomorrow.

i placed the patches on the mats where i think they will get sewed on which will be on the side.

recommendations on other places to have it sewed on?

i don't think i want them in the center as they will get dirty like my previous mats.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,302 Posts
looking smart!

check all the areas where your heel/s rests on the driver's side and where your feet scrape when getting in / out the car.........that's where I would 'not' sew it on:)

I'd set the driver's logo perhaps down a bit more than shown in the photo above.

then match the passenger side to it (once the mats are laid down so they are in the right postition)

·
Registered
347 Posts
The shape of those mats looks a little strange for the footwells on an S4. Are you sure they sent you the right mats?

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The shape of those mats looks a little strange for the footwells on an S4. Are you sure they sent you the right mats?
i finally installed the mats today.

they seem to be a good fit.

i still need to get the patches sewed on though.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
The mats look great!

The only thing I did with my aftermarket mats is add the heel pad.

I purchased cheap mats from Canadian Tire, cut out the heel section, and had it sewn in by a shoe maker.

image1.jpg

Here is the curling I was talking about. I think I am going to have to replace them after following this thread!

image2.jpg

Good luck.

Vin

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hi vin,

my old IAP mats eventually ended up looking like yours.

i am sure that in time my new ones will as well.

overall i am happy with the outcome!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts