Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to know if the GTV6 was available in other factory colours other than the ones given in the UK sales brochure - Black metallic, Charcoal Metallic, Silver Metallic and Alfa Red? Was it available in other colours in other markets?:cool:

Cheers
Mike

Alfa GTV6 1986
Alfa GTV 2.0 1986
Alfa 145 1.7 QV 1998

·
Registered
377 Posts
take a look at the GTV-6 WorldWide Registry - most posters to the Registry have included the body paint color, and most with the AR factory paint code designation.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GTV6 Colours

Thanks for the replies. Any pics of a chestnut coloured car or the blue available in the States? Be interested to see what they looked like.

Cheers
Mike

Alfa GTV6 1986
Alfa GTV 1986
Alfa 145 1.7QV 1998

·
Registered
81 Posts
Anyone know where to obtain the color code decals for a GTV 6? Mine is an 81 GTV 6 with the charcoal silver metallic or (anthracite) color and maybe a color code number. I noticed in earlier post of colors and codes, there are 3 anthracite colors. Mine more resembles the James Bond car. TIA

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Sean There was a company that advertised a complete package of decals for the GTV/GTV6 including the small hatch foil sticker for the paint. You had to let them know your paint colour. I think it may have been Highwood Alfa in the UK? Someone may put up a photo for you and that would provide the basis to get it computer cut. Someone may know the supplier? That charcoal metallic looks good on the GTVs and is probably a rarer colour choice.

Cheers
Mike

Alfa GTV6 1986
Alfa GTV 2.0 1986
Alfa 145 1.7QV

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yeah I saw their ad. There is another in the U.S. but it to is for a complete kit @ 70.00 for the whole set of decals. All of mine are pretty mint, so all I need is the color code decal. Also had found another source but no luck, they don't have my code most of the others though. Sent out to Alfa archives today to get my proper code according to my VIN#, hopefully will have some success there. Thanks for your help. Sean Ps: My code is either AR 753 or 759

·
Registered
24 Posts
On this following official paint chart (USA, 1985), there is a "sable borown metalic" paint. I never saw it! Somebody has one (with photos of course!)? Many thanks :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Can anyone tell me what the difference between the 2 silver codes AR 762 & AR 767 is - different years/regions or just pot luck...?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Still would like to know...

Looking to touch up the engine bay before the 3.0 goes in - anyone know the answer to my question from a year and a half ago? :D

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Alfa paint colors

This is the wickedest GTV6 I have ever seen. Does anyone know if this is a factory color. Don't know the owner. My apologies for using the pic without permission.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
That is not a factory color, but that is a bad azz GTV6! Got more info?
Does any one have a complete color history for GTV6?

·
Registered
524 Posts
I had a Champagne one and never tired of the color. I loved it.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
This is the wickedest GTV6 I have ever seen. Does anyone know if this is a factory color. Don't know the owner. My apologies for using the pic without permission.
That is a Detroit area GTV6. Very nicely built, owned by a family friend. It's also a frequent attendee at track events and is very competitive - functional and pretty.

The color is not factory. And that photo you've posted is obviously photoshopped. Here are some actual pictures of the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
On this following official paint chart (USA, 1985), there is a "sable borown metalic" paint. I never saw it! Somebody has one (with photos of course!)? Many thanks :)

Here is a photo of a Sable Brown Metallic car. It's my second favorite factory color on a GTV6. Nice!

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.