Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Push hard and live
9,835 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Well, you will stand out in a crowd over there.
Maybe you should prepare and laminate a ‘common questions’ sheet about the car, to save getting GBH of the earhole.
I have a V6 in the driveway, juuuuusst about ready for the road and probably sale, but it could grow on me. The cabin is a nice place to spend time.
I’ve never been a FWD fan, but Alfa seems to have done it better than most...as usual.

·
Push hard and live
9,835 Posts
Now to navigate quarantines and get the car moved. And get the Alfetta up for sale.

Reactions: AaronsSpider

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Well, you will stand out in a crowd over there.
Maybe you should prepare and laminate a ‘common questions’ sheet about the car, to save getting GBH of the earhole.
I have a V6 in the driveway, juuuuusst about ready for the road and probably sale, but it could grow on me. The cabin is a nice place to spend time.
I’ve never been a FWD fan, but Alfa seems to have done it better than most...as usual.
i‘ve often wondered if the good handling is as much a result of the rear suspension design as anything else? When the GTV V6 first came out we did a quick test for the club magazine using a Lance Dixon demo, had a solid day in and around the Yarra Valley. I recall a great handling car, small inside and out and of course that wonderful engine.

·
Push hard and live
9,835 Posts
The car is paid for, and hauler booked, awaiting notification of date.

Mainly, I wanted a second civilized car for either me or my new wife. I picked up an Alfetta, but more work than it was worth to reinstall the AC. It can be hot here in the high desert. Suddenly the 916 popped up, and the total cost no more than everything I would need to do on the Alfetta to achieve less result.

I’m happy with the four-cylinder. If I want to go fast I’ll pull out my 59 2000.

I’ve come to a different understanding of “handling”. Ignoring anything tragic, handling is mostly subjective. If the car has rattles and clinks, or noisy tires, it will be deemed bad handling. If people remove the rear sway bar, increasing understeer, it will be deemed good handling.

Neither of these examples are certain to be supported by lap times.

I do like rattle-free. I do not like docile understeer.

What I hope to get from the 916 is a quiet ride, with effective climate control, a sense of exhilarating performance, a solid sound system, and a crooked grin.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts