Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my alfa gtv havn't finished it yet but its nearly there. It started out when i got it silver with gtv6 seats and door trims. The engine has been fitted with large cams from pace and the gearbox and diff have been rebuilt the engine bay has been detailed the car has been lowerd a little and is riding on 16inch lenso's hope u like it :)

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
1979 gtv

I have owned this Alfa for a short time and cannot fix the gearbox problem. It crunches in 1st and second is hard to find.
My mechanic has replaced the crack rubber donut on the tailshaft and some other minor maintainces both the crunching continues.
Should I persist with the same gearbox or change it? Maybe to an updated model?
Can anyone help?
I live in Hurstville Sydney and I'm willing to travel.
Alternative I have the car for sale cause the problem is driving me crazy.

1979 ALFA ROMEO ALFETTA GTV 2000L Coupe Private Cars For Sale in NSW - carsales.com.au 1247 1252 1282 4294967249 898 1216&silo=Stock&find=restoration|CarAll&keyword

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Did your mechanic confirm all shifter alignment items, such as the rubber gearbox mounts, shift level bushing, etc. are in good condition? If so, then next, if you can get Redline NS gearbox oil down under I'd try that; if after a few days driving with Redline the problem persists, then I'm afraid it's time to rebuild.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts