Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is interested I have GT seats in bad condition (baked, been sitting for 30 years in a car in Reno,NV). I have 1966 GT/GTV rear end with dunlop brakes and front dunlop brakes. I also have some 14" wheels and a 15" wheel that's never been used still in a box. I can send more photos.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are the prices:
Seats $300
Rear end with dunlop brakes and front dunlop brakes $200
Never used 15" wheel $200
I have some 14" wheels too. It would be $50 each

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here are the prices:
Seats $300
Rear end with dunlop brakes and front dunlop brakes $200
Never used 15" wheel $200
I have some 14" wheels too. It would be $50 each
Hi Dentlez,
I'm completely new this site but I've had a 1967 GT Veloce sitting in my garage in Sydney Australia for the last 20 years. My daughter has just started College so I figure the time has come to get the Alfa back on the road. I sent the seats away to get recovered in the late 1980's but a job transfer sent me interstate and the seats and I got separated never to be reunited. These seats look like they might be exactly what I'm looking for.
If they are still available I'm a very interested purchaser. I'm not familiar with the purchase transaction process but to get some seats for the Veloce I'm very willing to learn.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Hi Bellevue105,
Dentlez, has already mentioned the seats are from a GT.
The GTJ 1300 front seats have 6 pleats.
GT Veloces 1600 front seats in vinyl had 5 pleats and the GT Veloces 1600 front seats in leather had 7 pleats.
The GTJ 1300 front seat frames are not suited to being trimmed with GT Veloce 1600 covers (for originality)
As for the rear seats I need to check my references (most like they are not GT Veloce 1600 either as the pleats may be different)
I think early GTJ 1300 stepnose rear seats have the same wire structure as the GT Veloce 1600 seats (because the floors and rear back rests have similar dimensions) so Early GTJ 1300 stepnose rear seats could technically be made to look like GT Veloce 1600 rear seats if you had originals GT Veloce 1600 rear seats to guide you. You need to look at the wire pattern and take some measurements of the rear seats been offered to determine if they are early stepnose GTJ 1300 rear seats or smooth nose GTJ 1300 rear seats. Note: I think the smooth nose GTJ 1300 rear seats are not suited to being trimmed with GT Veloce 1600 covers (for originality) {because the rear floors and rear back rests are different in dimensions to a GT Veloce 1600)
Regards Steve

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Dentlez,
I'm completely new this site but I've had a 1967 GT Veloce sitting in my garage in Sydney Australia for the last 20 years. My daughter has just started College so I figure the time has come to get the Alfa back on the road. I sent the seats away to get recovered in the late 1980's but a job transfer sent me interstate and the seats and I got separated never to be reunited. These seats look like they might be exactly what I'm looking for.
If they are still available I'm a very interested purchaser. I'm not familiar with the purchase transaction process but to get some seats for the Veloce I'm very willing to learn.
Hi,
Thank you for your interest. GT Veloce have a little bit different front seats. These are GT seats. GT Veloce has bucket seats.
But I took these out of an early GT Veloce. I have no idea why these seats were in the car. But they're definitely GT seats.
The seats are still available. If you don't mind of having GT seats in GT Veloce.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Bellevue105,
GT Veloces 1600 front seats in vinyl had 5 pleats and the GT Veloces 1600 front seats in leather had 7 pleats.
The GTJ 1300 front seat frames are not suited to being trimmed with GT Veloce 1600 covers (for originality)
As for the rear seats I need to check my references (most like they are not GT Veloce 1600 either as the pleats may be different)
Early GTJ 1300 stepnose rear seats have the same wire structure as the GT Veloce 1600 seats (because the floors and rear back rests have similar dimensions) so GTJ 1300 you could technically be made to look like GT Veloce 1600 rear seats if you had originals ones to go by. You need to look at the wire pattern and take some measurements of the early GTJ 1300 stepnose rear seats.Note: the smooth nose GTJ 1300 rear seats are not suited to being trimmed with GT Veloce 1600 covers (for originality) {because the rear floors and rear back rests are different in dimensions to a GT Veloce 1600)
Regards Steve
Hi Steve,
Thank you for the info. These seats are kind of weird because they're not Veloce seats. But I took them out from a Veloce. They look more like GT seats than GTJ seats. I think the bracket on the seats were modified to fit GTV floor pans. I don't knnow the history of the car so I have no idea why this was done or what's the deal with these seats. But the seats fit to Veloce but they're not the correct seats. I was looking for Veloce seats for months. Finally found them so I'm selling these. I'll add a photo of the bottom.
Mira

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Bellevue105,
I think early GTJ 1300 stepnose rear seats have the same wire structure as the GT Veloce 1600 seats (because the floors and rear back rests have similar dimensions) so Early GTJ 1300 stepnose rear seats could technically be made to look like GT Veloce 1600 rear seats if you had originals GT Veloce 1600 rear seats to guide you. You need to look at the wire pattern and take some measurements of the rear seats been offered to determine if they are early stepnose GTJ 1300 rear seats or smooth nose GTJ 1300 rear seats. Note: I think the smooth nose GTJ 1300 rear seats are not suited to being trimmed with GT Veloce 1600 covers (for originality) {because the rear floors and rear back rests are different in dimensions to a GT Veloce 1600)
Regards Steve
Hi Steve,
I can see I'm going have to really "up my game" to make sure I get seats which will fit my particular model. Especially important when there are freight costs to Australia involved. I appreciate you sharing your expertise on the subject. I have no seats at the moment so a non genuine option may have to suffice while I embark on a longer term search for the real thing.
Regards,
Rob

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Steve,
Thank you for the info. These seats are kind of weird because they're not Veloce seats. But I took them out from a Veloce. They look more like GT seats than GTJ seats. I think the bracket on the seats were modified to fit GTV floor pans. I don't knnow the history of the car so I have no idea why this was done or what's the deal with these seats. But the seats fit to Veloce but they're not the correct seats. I was looking for Veloce seats for months. Finally found them so I'm selling these. I'll add a photo of the bottom.
Mira
View attachment 1618100
Hi Mira,
Thanks for the extra photo. I'm in touch with one of our local Alfa experts for some advice on whether these seats might be a viable option even if only a stop gap measure while I look for genuine GT Veloce seats. It sounds like you have been on the same hunt, so I'm glad to hear you were ultimately successful.
I'll be get back to you once I hear from the local Alfa brains trust.
Regards,
Rob

·
Registered
713 Posts
Hi Mira,
Thanks for the extra photo. I'm in touch with one of our local Alfa experts for some advice on whether these seats might be a viable option even if only a stop gap measure while I look for genuine GT Veloce seats. It sounds like you have been on the same hunt, so I'm glad to hear you were ultimately successful.
I'll be get back to you once I hear from the local Alfa brains trust.
Regards,
Rob
Hi rob, have you spoken to rob panetta at manning motors, or tim doyle at zoo autocraft.

cheers Ian

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Ian,
I have spoken to Tim but not to Rob Panetta. I'll give him a call tomorrow. Very much appreciate the contact.
Regards,
Rob

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hi Bellevue,
Steve105 is correct in his assessment of the seats, they are not what you need.
I however have a '65 Sprint GT which currently has '67 GTV seats in it, which is what you need. Now I would exchange these for a genuine '65 GT set if you by chance come across some of those on your travels!
I'm in Melbourne & could arrange delivery/pick up if it came about. Say hi to Rob from me.
Best regards & stay safe,
Vince.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Vince,
Great to hear you have some GTV seats in Melbourne I bought my Alfa when living in Geelong around 1986. I'm definately in the hunt for seats so if I come across some '65 GT seats I'll let you know. Is your interior grey? Steve105 has let us know there are (at least) pleat differences between the GT and GTV rear seats, do you have a GTV rear seat as well?
Regards,
Rob

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hi Rob,
As Steve105 alluded to, not only are the number of pleats different, but all 3 types of seat mentioned are actually physically different seats in shape & dimensions as well.
The GTVeloce ones are much more bucket type with wrap-around sides, for want of a better description.
I have both front & rear sets complete. At the moment they are my fall-backs if I can't find some original early GT type.
If you want to contact me directly: [email protected]
Regards,
Vince

1 - 16 of 16 Posts