Alfa Romeo Forums banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Hi...very valid comments....the only reason that I am doing this as the cowl that I mistakenly got a RHD cowl. Interesting many RHD cars were fitted with a LHD cowl. The problem is not sourcing a LHD cowl..these are available but the issue is getting these to Pakistan in time. We have a very repressive customs regime where a 95 UK Pound cowl comes out to cost 275 pounds delivered. Otherwise these have to come via a roundabout route where all parts have to be routed to a middleman in the USA or Dubai and then hand carried in personal baggage or rerouted through an " underground railroad"... this all takes time.....forgive this " Cuban " fix. In the meanwhile Wilwood 4 pot front calipers from Centerline have been installed
wilwood 1.jpg
wilwood4.jpg
wilwood5.jpg

·
Registered
1969 GTV 1750 Australia
222 Posts
Nice work and those prices there ... are hard to imagine. My RHD 68 has an original left side steering column cowling, as do many new cars here of course.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi...very valid comments....the only reason that I am doing this as the cowl that I mistakenly got a RHD cowl. Interesting many RHD cars were fitted with a LHD cowl. The problem is not sourcing a LHD cowl..these are available but the issue is getting these to Pakistan in time. We have a very repressive customs regime where a 95 UK Pound cowl comes out to cost 275 pounds delivered. Otherwise these have to come via a roundabout route where all parts have to be routed to a middleman in the USA or Dubai and then hand carried in personal baggage or rerouted through an " underground railroad"... this all takes time.....forgive this " Cuban " fix. In the meanwhile Wilwood 4 pot front calipers from Centerline have been installed View attachment 1614267 View attachment 1614268 View attachment 1614269
Hi Kamus, could you tell me exactly ,the part number of the front Wilwood caliper and eventually also for the rear?
I would like to buy them for my "Scalino".
Ciao

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
These are available form Centerlinealfa.............https://centerlinealfa.com/catalog/4-piston-front-brake-kit

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
the engine is being prepped.....some questions...there is a stamp 91 on the engine block..does that mean that engine is from 1991. The red cam cover makes the engine look special...I like that. As you can see I am having a standard 2.0 litre put in with two distributors and the original wiring....any modifications will be done later. Engine going into car tomorrow after being started outside the car...the radiator will be a modified one...its going to have air conditioning
engine5.jpg
twinsparkcoverfront.jpg
twinsparkstamp91.jpg

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
The car is on wheels the suspension having been fitted....besides this the pedals have been fitted and the trial for the reservoirs...also putting up pics of my 912 with nephews 86 3.2 carrera...both unique in the country. And finally made to pose with my XJ6 by a friend...
onwheels.jpg
pedals2.jpg
reservoirs.jpg
porsches.jpg
narcissitic pic.jpg
onwheels.jpg
pedals2.jpg
reservoirs.jpg
onwheels.jpg
pedals2.jpg
reservoirs.jpg
porsches.jpg

·
Registered
1969 GTV 1750 Australia
222 Posts
Nice work in difficult circumstances. Love the 3.2. They are such strong cars.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
The twinspark engine is being prepared here. It was started after with only 4 plugs....so wiring and ecu appear to be good at this point. I like the red cam cover which was done by the mechanic as he like it. I stopped him going overboard with the intake plenum chamber as well
twinsparkintake.jpg
twinsparkfront.jpg
twinsparkcams.jpg
twinspark2.jpg

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
the engine in the engine bay...the brake servo installed....now comes the time for the radiator measurement and installation. Have checked many radiators out before gpind to a custom manufacture. Checked with various radiators...a modern Toyota corolla radiator, a Toyota Corolla 2.0 diesel radiator was the best fit but it did not leave any room for the AC pipes...so finally have settled for a radiator for a Nissan Sunny diesel which has side radiator tanks and is large enough for two fans. Test fitting will be done tomorrow or fabrication of the larger radiator will be done. The drive shaft is being measured...getting rid of the guibo.
enginein4.jpg
enginein2.jpg

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
The radiator testing is being done.....appeard to be Ok. The radiator tanks will be changed to metal...brass... so as to change the height and location of the outflow/ inflow channels to the desired positions. The front distributor cap isnt fouling...just one of the distributor contact "arms" will need to be shaved slightly to prevent it rubbing on one of the fan supports. Two fans.....should do for cooling. The thermostat is being positioned. Using an original Thermostat and original water/ coolant flow pattern. Changing it never helps ...cars either run too cool... with consequent over rich mixtures or too hot... which is bad anyway and creates problems especially with air conditioning.
radiator1.jpg
radiator3.jpg
radiator4.jpg
radiator5.jpg

·
Registered
250 Posts
Kamhus your guys appear to be doing a great job, the car should be fun to drive. for my eyes I think that black would have looked better for the cam cover and ancillaries but to each his own! I can't wait to see her with all the front grill and associated parts on, thanks for sharing us the project.
Tim

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
@exhausted ...It had been painted red when I got to the workshop....I didnt have the heart to ask it to be less prominent....but the red contrasts nicely with the mica blue. The radiator pipes going on for testing. The heater hoses are not on yet. Starting in the car in a couple of days. Yokohama ADR08s have been ordered but with the corona lockdown in effect in Dubai... the nearest place where these were available in 195/55 15 I may just have to settle for som
cooling2.jpg
cooling3.jpg
cooling5.jpg
e eco tyre for the time being.

·
Banned
1 Posts
2.0 JTS owner here as well, make sure the cambelt has been done before you buy it, as mentioned by others oil consumption is really high so pay attention to oil levels. Front suspension arms wear out fast as well so that's a point too, but otherwise it's a gorgeous, comfortable well-build and practical car in my experience.

·
Administrator
12,114 Posts
2.0 JTS owner here as well, make sure the cambelt has been done before you buy it, as mentioned by others oil consumption is really high so pay attention to oil levels. Front suspension arms wear out fast as well so that's a point too, but otherwise it's a gorgeous, comfortable well-build and practical car in my experience.
Different engine. This is an Alfa Twinspark (so no cambelt), not the FIAT based TS
Pete

61 - 75 of 75 Posts