Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Finally decided on mIca blue 8M6 from Toyota. Its a pearl colour but not overtly so. The colour is actually much darjer than the firs coat to check the lines that the painter has put. The actual painting is going to be done in a booth

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
gathering dust... paint on monday...blue primer...so a day more of waiting. Got the GTV6s oil changed today when I went to see the stepnose. Also the GTV6 was leaking oil onto the exhaust from the oil pressure warning light ....heady smells in the car....
blue primer 2.jpg
blue primer 3.jpg
blue primer1.jpg

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
the paint has started. First coat after the blue primer.... cellphone photos sent by the mech as I was busy. Should look nice. The final coats today I think
IMG-20191211-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20191211-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20191211-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20191211-WA0001.jpg

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
the final coat has been applied externally. Colour is quite nice actually. I think I like the darker colours ......
IMG-20191211-WA0024.jpg
IMG-20191211-WA0016.jpg
IMG-20191211-WA0016.jpg
IMG-20191211-WA0020.jpg
IMG-20191211-WA0021.jpg
IMG-20191211-WA0026.jpg
IMG-20191211-WA0023.jpg
IMG-20191211-WA0023.jpg
the chrome is going to stand out

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
the headliner is going in now. Its not like the original as rear headroom isn't really required. The rear seat is going to be deleted with a box for either helmets or tools etc. The dash instruments are being prepared as well. The dash is going to be leather. The instruments are discolured in part...the mnor ones and these are going to be ref
headliner4.jpg
headliner3.jpg
gauge speed.jpg
gauge fuel.jpg
gauge oil.jpg
urbished
headliner4.jpg
headliner4.jpg
headliner3.jpg

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
The pedal position is being adjusted...ObP floor mounted pedals sourced from Demon Tweeks. Forward facing master cylinders. The reservoir bracket has been fitted in the car interior but is going to be shifted to theengine bay. Little space on the right side of the engine bay due to the intake manifold but we will find the space
pedal1.jpg
pedal2.jpg
pedal4.jpg

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Are you intending to sit on the back seat?

Pete

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Are you intending to sit on the back seat?

Pete
Hi Pete
Point well made. Will inspect the position today. The master cylinders are forward facing so bulkhead modifications may be necessary. Only thing is there is a chassis rail there. Maybe rear facing master cylinders...the cost is escalating. thats another 350 Pounds sterling.
cheers

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Could you mount them so they are hanging pedals? This should give you a little more room and I think the bullhead widens higher up (????)
Pete

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
checked. Hanging after market pedal box assemblies will not fit as the steering column gets in the way....have ordered another pedal box with the cylinders facing to the rear of the car...Ah well..in for a penny. Checked the dimensions. Should fit and be another 6 to 8 inches forward
pedal box.png

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
while waiting or the parts other things must go ahead. The seats fitting is being tried out with the seats in position. I am getting two ittings made for separate deats. The first are Recaros off my old Lancer Evolution 7 and the second are the seats taken out from the GTV6
seat fitting 3.jpg
seat fitting xx.jpg
seat fitting 3.jpg
seat fitting xx.jpg
seat3.jpg

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Random photos of the fitting. The dash has returned with the front fascia in leatherite. the interior chrome and the exterior chrome and rear quarter windows are being fitted. The rear axle has been assembled....with the Alfaholics LSD. The original axle is the dunlop axle but the rear discsnare now Brembo with a 1750 rear caliper with new brackets.
dash2.jpg
diffbrake1.jpg
diff2.jpg

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
The front lights have been fitted...the parking... the indicators......electrical checking taking place. The headlamps have Alfaholics lightweight bowls and the headlamps are from Classicalfa with the clear front and the reflector pattern for the beam. H4 bulb...initially I though why not go LED but then saw a couple of cars catching fire due to aftermarket HIDs/LEDs...probably Chinese ( no offence) ...The interior chrome is being fitted also.....
light1.jpg
light2.jpg
interiorchrome.jpg
. It seems a bit random but coming together. still waitimng for the pedal box to arrive so that the brake lines can be fitted
light1.jpg
light2.jpg

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
the front suspension going on. The front has 1750 uprights for the larger disc brakes ....and Wilwood calipers from Centerline. The choice was to go with an Alfaholics 4 caliper setup or a standard setup with standard 1750 Calipers...but I liked the look of the Wilwoods and they were cheaper also as compared to the Alfaholics or the Classicalfa.

There is also a slight problem with the steering. Since the car is a conversion form the LHD to right hand drive and I have a left sided indicator and light switch and a right hand drive steering cowl...the steering column will have to be inverted and a new bracket made to make sure that it is held tightly in position
susp3.jpg
front4.jpg
front2.jpg
steering column2.jpg

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
My 156v6, which is RHD, has left sided indicator lever ... other than turning the wipers on occassionally, not an issue.

Why do you need to change this?
Pete

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
strange....maybe you could instead source a LHD cowl.... somebody will buy your RHD one.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts