Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
If anyone gets photos of the cars at Watkins Glen this weekend, please send me a couple. I've got an Alfa Owner deadline in July and need to cover the IMSA TCR races at the Glen and Mosport (photos from there would be great too) and the WC race at PIR (we've got coverage for that race).

You can reach me at [email protected].

Thanks!

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
#5 finished 6th.
#3 was a DNF with mechanical problems.

#5 was definitely a contender but just ran into some bad luck.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
After 4 of 10 rounds, the manufacturer standings are:

1 HONDA 135
2 HYUNDAI 127
3 AUDI 126
4 ALFA ROMEO 112. :clover:

The next race is July 6 at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
#5 finished 6th.
#3 was a DNF with mechanical problems.

#5 was definitely a contender but just ran into some bad luck.
Well, phoo. I was able to watch the first half of the race yesterday and will try to find it on You Tube today. #5 really was a contender. I was hoping for at least a podium.

Mike

·
Registered
718 Posts
Morning Race Fans
Looks like the field is set for the 2 hour Michelin Pilot challenge cars at 2.45 mile circuit at Mosport.
Popow and Papadopolus who qualified the #3 Giulietta starts in the middle of the pack at 7th place a full second behind the pole sitting Honda Civic. The #5 Giulietta starts next to last in class and running almost 3 seconds behind the pole sitter.

I talked to a DPI team owner who is close friends with Alex P in the 3 car and they are struggling with axle problems.
Hopefully they get that sorted. The car is really rapid, but you cant win if you don't finish. The top 5 are Honda- Hyundai-Audi-Audi- Honda. The Audis are really good this year and Brian Herta's Hyundai team doesn't lack for funding.

In GS its Mustang on the overall pole then Mercedes- Mercedes-Mustang- and Aston Martin

J Michael I have asked my son to snap some pics which I will forward you if he gets it done. He is the communications coordinator for IMSA so he gets pretty busy working, but I did get a "I'll try dad" from him last night. I mentioned you had helped us out many years ago with some ink and that you needed help.
RML

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
RML:

Long time no see!

Thanks for asking your son to take photos. If he can, wonderful. If not, I understand

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
In Canada, #3 (Popow/Papadopulos) qualified 7th (of 14) and finished 11th, #5 (Block/Lewis) qualified 13th and finished 7th.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Car #3 qualified 2nd (of 12 in the TCR class), and car #5 qualified 12th.

The TCR cars are as fast as the GS class cars around the short, tight Lime Rock track.

Should make for an interesting race because cars in neither class have any reason to give up position to the other class.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Please, anyone who attends the race or can watch the coverage on imsa.tv tomorrow, send me an email with what you've seen. I'm at the AROC convention and will be tied up all day tomorrow. I'll work in whatever you send me into the next article on the TCR efforts for Alfa Owner magazine.

Ciao,

Mike
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
At 1:30

#3 P4 closing on p3 Velocaraptor, spun out from p1 at 1:37
getting good TV with the p3/4 battle
#5 p12, bummer

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
at 1:15

#3 p3 closing slowly on p2 (#21)
#5 FLAT! so driver change. Lewis, No car damage
WOW their driver changes are faster than my LeMons changes.

TCR leaders are lapping GS back markers

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
at 1:00

Many GS pit stops mix up the field. Awsum video of a GS Merc flying sideways over the "uphill"
#3 driver change, p4 Popov
#5 p 12, last

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
at :56

Lots of GS tv, no TCR chat
#3 p6??
#5 p12 still last
-----------------------------
At :20
#3 p5 battling p1 #98 to stay on lead lap. GOOD tv coverage
#5 p11, a Honda blew up to move him up 1 position.
-------------------------------------
AT :07
#3 p6
#5 p 11
------------------
At :04
#3 p7, bummer
#5 p11
--------------------
Finish
#3 p7. Yep Maldi, that spin out ruined their day.
#5 p10 !!

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
#3 never really recovered position after being collected by the Porsche Cayman that spun in front of it midway through the race. It lost 10 sec and four positions.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Great TCR race..... #3 Giulietta finished 7th 1 lap down
the #5 finished 10th 2 laps down... But Hey, no Axle issues.. Moving forward now.
Hyundai Veloster had them covered today.
RML

·
Registered
718 Posts
@MALDI are you going to Elkhart? We have a group of 8 or so that is going for the 3rd year.
Great track even GREATER people. Just a fun weekend. I'll buy a round at Seibkins!
RML

41 - 60 of 97 Posts