Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Toronto Canada, I am very interest in buying a Giulia Super sedan. Does anyone know of one for sale near by?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I live in Toronto Canada, I am very interest in buying a Giulia Super sedan. Does anyone know of one for sale near by?
You don't tell us much, so lets start with a few questions:

1. Do you want a project?
2. Do you want a car that's been restored?
3. Do you want a race car?
4. Do you want a street car?
and now for the big one:
5. What's you budget like?

Also, would you consider a restored Berlina? If so a friend has this nicely restored '69 Berlina for sale.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Good luck

Best of luck finding a Super for sale on this continent. They were only imported to the US a couple of years and few exist. If any get posted for sale, they are "gone in 60 seconds." Unless they have drawbacks. Most that are worth having probably trade between friends and club members, so I'd first suggest getting to know fellow owners.
Now compare that to Europe. Hundreds of thousands (? wild guess, but orders of magnitude more than here) were sold for over a decade and remain very popular. While you could literally count on one hand the number of Supers for sale in the US at any time, there are over a hundred in Europe. Right now. Condition and price ranges from obvious beaters for a couple thousand Euros to sweet 1600 Supers for over $25,000. They are concentrated in Italy, but very popular in Northern Europe as well, where prices are higher.
I have no idea what it takes to self import into Canada, but if you are serious about finding a Super, I suggest you look at the threads in the Sedan forum that cover this. Or wait a very long time. Or be very, very lucky.

·
Registered
180 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts