Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Doing restoration and full overhaul of the engine and gearbox....

Hopefully can be done soon before sending for painting...

Planning to maintain its originality of Giulia 1300 Super (similar to Giulia in lite yellow shown in the pics)..

cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Phew, I was hoping the pink was primer! Is that an early engine with a cartridge oil filter?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bro,

The pink is the primer prior painting it into racing red...
yeah kinda cartridge oil filter of early model..

cheers

·
Registered
106 Posts
Very nice! I've got a 1972 1300 Super as well. Interesting to note that you have standing pedals. I though all Giulia pedals at that stage were hanging.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
No RHD 105 series cars down this side of the world got hanging pedals I believe. Though I am often known to be wrong!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ok, it's one of those down under and wrong side of street things then...:) I stand corrected.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hi Frie,

The colour you were referring to is called Giallo Piper and comes original with these cars in according to the 1972 colour chart that you will find on this forum. I think the car will look nicer with steel wheels and the polished hub caps that you posted a picture of. The mags dont look so original if if you want mags then the Momo Vega in black and polished aluiminum will go very nicely with the yellow or even Minilites which I believe there is a set available in Ipoh. Otherwise you might consider a set of daytonas like the one shown on the Thai car in the picture.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Tsu,

Noted on your advise... yet so difficult to source Momo Vega in M'sia... found Mags rims after 6 months sourcing it locally...

What rims available at Ipoh... perhaps if u can send me some pics would be great...

anyhow thanks in advance..

cheers

Hi Frie,

The colour you were referring to is called Giallo Piper and comes original with these cars in according to the 1972 colour chart that you will find on this forum. I think the car will look nicer with steel wheels and the polished hub caps that you posted a picture of. The mags dont look so original if if you want mags then the Momo Vega in black and polished aluiminum will go very nicely with the yellow or even Minilites which I believe there is a set available in Ipoh. Otherwise you might consider a set of daytonas like the one shown on the Thai car in the picture.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts