Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
I voted for "Everso", not just because it was suggested by a BBer, but 'cause I like it best... Not particularly wild about the connotation of "furiosa", but I'll be very happy if it comes to the U.S. with any name. :)

Best regards,

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Saw this posted, its just a newer photoshop of the Junior/Furiosa... but someone went and did something devious like putting a hint of the 8C in the background.. ;)

gotta say I love the bloated fenders, reminds me of something... :rolleyes: Let's see if that actually makes it to production.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I voted for "Everso", not just because it was suggested by a BBer, but 'cause I like it best... Not particularly wild about the connotation of "furiosa", but I'll be very happy if it comes to the U.S. with any name. :)

Best regards,
Agreed on all accounts... I also voted for Everso, though I was mentally pronouncing it "eh-verso" and not "ever so"

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Not particularly wild about the connotation of "furiosa", but I'll be very happy if it comes to the U.S. with any name. :)
I like "Furiosa", but it should be noted that the name bears different connotations than the english word "furious", although it looks similar and translates directly. Some cultural differences are at play here.

Instead of thinking "raging with anger", think "fiery" or "short tempered" ;)

(On a different note: you can probably guess what "Junior" is slang for over here. Culture is hard to cater to ... :eek: )

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
I like "Furiosa", but it should be noted that the name bears different connotations than the english word "furious", although it looks similar and translates directly. Some cultural differences are at play here.

Instead of thinking "raging with anger", think "fiery" or "short tempered" ;)

(On a different note: you can probably guess what "Junior" is slang for over here. Culture is hard to cater to ... :eek: )
Being a native speaker of a Romance language, I did not associate the name with "raging with anger",.... or "fiery" or "short tempered" for that matter. "Furiosa" is definitely feminine for me, and I do associate it with how some languages describe an "angry woman"... Nonetheless, I do agree with your observations - and I'm glad the name won't be "Junior"! :D

Best regards,

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Being a native speaker of a Romance language, I did not associate the name with "raging with anger",.... or "fiery" or "short tempered" for that matter. "Furiosa" is definitely feminine for me, and I do associate it with how some languages describe an "angry woman"... Nonetheless, I do agree with your observations - and I'm glad the name won't be "Junior"! :D

Best regards,
I really really like the short simple names, Junior, Racer.. I know it's a bit playful, but I think that's part of its charm, you know like fast little hatch with an unsuspecting name. At least its not as deflating as a "mini". hah.

I guess Im in the minority, I doubt names like that are available or if they haven't already been registered by other car makers by now.

OT, anyone seen the new concept cars by Holden titled, Alpha's (no im not kidding) that showed up in R&T...? :eek::eek:

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
... I guess Im in the minority, ...

OT, anyone seen the new concept cars by Holden titled, Alpha's (no im not kidding) that showed up in R&T...? :eek::eek:
If you're in the minority, I guess I am too... Yeah, I much prefer shorter names... :)

I heard about the rwd Alpha by GM a while back, but didn't think they were moving ahead with it. Haven't bought a R&T edition for some time either (too many car mags already, so I haven't been a subscriber in a long time), but this is interesting... I wonder if the "Alpha" name will bring any attention to our Alfas, and as people learn to distinguish them they will also learn more about our cars...

Best regards,

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Gm alpha is the name of their platform it will be used for a rwd 3 series competitor probably to be developed by holden. They will not name a car alpha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts