Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a reputable/knowledgable Alfa engine builder here in Toronto Canada? Or anyone around here I could bring my car too?

I would like to have an engine built. With possibly 10.5 compression. 11mm cams and keeping my Webbers intact with possible calibration to this setup and of course a nice hedder.. Maybe having the heads done properly Like similar to work done by (Sperry)

Anyways before I start rambling... Anyone know someone they can refer me too?

Let me know.. Thanks all. :)

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Caesar! said:
Does anyone know a reputable/knowledgable Alfa engine builder here in Toronto Canada? Or anyone around here I could bring my car too?

I would like to have an engine built. With possibly 10.5 compression. 11mm cams and keeping my Webbers intact with possible calibration to this setup and of course a nice hedder.. Maybe having the heads done properly Like similar to work done by (Sperry)

Anyways before I start rambling... Anyone know someone they can refer me too?

Let me know.. Thanks all. :)
I would suggest talking to George at Fine Motors in Toronto at 416-747-1080. He is very knowledgeable on performance rebuilds.
Another option is Joe Cannella at Hamilton Auto Service 905-525-2040.

I'm sure there are others also, but I know people who have dealt with these people for non stock rebuilds and been happy with the result.

Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I would also recommend talking to Leny Rabbito of Leny's Automega at 416-201-0102 (located off Evans Ave). Leny's has been around for years is a true gentleman and was considered the "Don" of the ALFA scene in Toronto (when he ran Leny's Garage off St.Clair Ave) every since I can remember. He has built and modified many race engines for his FIAT and GTV race cars that he campained in the late sixties and right through to the nineties. And has custom modified many customer cars as well.

Definitely go down to talk with him personally and I know you won't be disappointed - his shop is clean and organised and he has a wealth of experience.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Re: engine

I second the recomendation of Giorgio at Fine Motors. He's very knowledgable and most importantly...HONEST. He could also recomend good body shops aswell.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys guys... I'll need them, and I'll keep you all posted. Nothing like a well sorted out 2liter pushing 160HP :) That's what I'm aiming for! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts