Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,073 Posts
The list is still available for subscribers, but the online archiving has been broken for a long time. I wrote Richard a while back about whether I could archive the list on another site (a buddy of mine runs The Mail Archive, which is a free mailing list archiving service) but he never got back to me and I didn't pursue it further.

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Alfa Digest?

The list is still available for subscribers, but the online archiving has been broken for a long time. I wrote Richard a while back about whether I could archive the list on another site (a buddy of mine runs The Mail Archive, which is a free mailing list archiving service) but he never got back to me and I didn't pursue it further.
I receive the updates daily to both Alfa Digests. Since I archive my own, I never have occasion to search the archives and wouldn't know if it's functional or not. I find the Alfa bb much more desirable as far as presentation and ease of use. I would describe the Digests as "clunky" at best in comparison, but still necessary and an asset to the Alfa community depending on the type of information you're seeking and if you don't mind following a stricter rule structure.

You could also try Googling for the topic you are looking for....many of the Alfa Digests can be found that way.

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
what is the alfa digest? - a magazine?
The Digest was *the* mode of on line Alfa communication for most of us, prior to this BB and other forums. Since the rise in popularity of this BB, the Digest has taken a pretty big hit in use, as this BB provides a much better way of archiving and searching, not to mention ability to post photos, etc.

The Digest has been around since the late 80's, and many BB'rs have been on it since way back then.

bs

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
And it's a great resource. The digest is an older email based format. Subscriptions can be set up to get copies of each posting (all binary attachments are removed, so no photos) or receive the "digest" version of periodic clumps of posts. It comes out approximately daily, sometimes twice, sometimes skipping a day. But if you get all posts individually, you get very timely updates. The Alfa Digest (Digest.Net -- Automotive Mailing Lists) was my introduction to Alfa owners, around 2000. I appreciate it very much and am still subscribed.

Michael

1 - 6 of 6 Posts