Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
I tried to contact you twice on Craigslist. I'm glad you found us.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Keys

Hi: I lost the keys to my alfetta gt 1976 model. I was wondering if for the 1979 Sprint Veloce body (yellow car) you still have the ignition key and switch plus the door handles and keys. That would effectively allow me to move the car again as it is stuck now behind a fence and the steering wheel is locked, so the tow truck cannot get to it. Where I am, no locksmith wants to touch an Alfa that old.
Kindly let me know.
Best,

Maurice
562-225-1809

3.9 Alfettas - Sprint Veloces

1976 Alfetta GT ($3100) Silver
1977 Alfetta GT ($3700) Navy Blue
1978 Sprint Veloce ($1000) Brown
1979 Sprint Veloce -body ($200) Yellow
Also package price for exceptional value. $5000.

Complete description and list of additional parts in link. Details and Pictures.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have an ignition switch of the four that I have, that I would recommend for installation.

I thought that I had two pairs of door latches with locks, but only one works with the key, I couldn't find a key for the other pair.

You might have to remove the existing ignition switch by drilling the head and using an extractor to remove the security bolt. The security bolt that I took out was easy to remove because there wasn't any tension, thread locker, or rust on the threads.

·
Registered
72 Posts
door latches

Hi: I did find an ignition switch with key, so I just need the door latches. If you have one pair with a key, I can cut a blank to it.
Let me know if you can supply that pair of latches with the working key and how much plus shipping to 90713.
Thanks.

I don't have an ignition switch of the four that I have, that I would recommend for installation.

I thought that I had two pairs of door latches with locks, but only one works with the key, I couldn't find a key for the other pair.

You might have to remove the existing ignition switch by drilling the head and using an extractor to remove the security bolt. The security bolt that I took out was easy to remove because there wasn't any tension, thread locker, or rust on the threads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts