Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Listen up.

I know you have been in the search for a GTV. This might be the one if you have 6,000 dollars(thats the guys asking price you can beat it down i think).

Anyways heres a lil info: Car is in Virginia, fella has owned it for 17 years. 1750 and wants to get rid of it for a 2 liter. Why doesnt he just do a engine swap? He said "its like putting a timex peice on a rolex" Tells me the guy probably cherishs the car. It has decent paint, 35,000 miles on a engine rebuild. The tranny was rebuilt, interior redone 12 years ago but he said its still good. Ok, thats enough info, just call him up.
I personally think its a good car.

Here is the info:

877-609-0951 <--- thats the guys pager, leave a message with youre number he'll call back quick.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Sniady said:
Listen up.

I know you have been in the search for a GTV. This might be the one if you have 6,000 dollars(thats the guys asking price you can beat it down i think).
Thank you so much Sniady!!! :D

However, I think I better leave that GTV for someone who will cherish it. It sounds like a very good car for a fellow to keep it the way it is.

My plan is to get a beaten up GTV and fix it up, get rid of all the rust and paint it myself, strip the whole interior, put a roll cage in, new brakes and new suspension... step by step, as I save more and more money for it... and putting a timex (TWIN SPARK from 75, in the future) into a Rolex is part of my plan too :(

Nevertheless, thank you so much Sniday!! I really appreciate it! :D
Merry X'mas and Happy New Year!!

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmmm,

Ok, I dont wanna let this car pass so maybe you or someone else will consider it. This car has already been restored all the rust was taken out 5 years ago. If youre going to find a beat up GTV its gonna cost you more then you think (your probably aware of that or you just wanna have a project). All the body work, missing pieces etc etc. Which would probably total out more then the value of this car.
Guy wants 6,000 I would offer him 4200 and buy it for no more then 4500.

More info on the car: Car has never been modded, all the pieces are there. That thing is just waiting for someone to pick it up. You can strip it make it a race car or even keep it stock.

I think 4500 is a deal better then buying something beat up for 2000 that will take a year to get it moving.

Thats my opinion. Someone needs to get this thing. I told Smestas about it and kept it a secret from everyone but he's broke so I let the info out.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Broke...

Sniady said:
Hmmmm,

I think 4500 is a deal better then buying something beat up for 2000 that will take a year to get it moving.

Thats my opinion. Someone needs to get this thing. I told Smestas about it and kept it a secret from everyone but he's broke so I let the info out.
I completely agree with that, it's always better to pay a little bit more than buying a piece of rust...

unfortunately, I'm broke too...:(

4500 is about what's left inside my bank... and I still haven't paid my rent, my car's insurance, my credit card... sigh...

maybe I should save some more buck before looking for a GTV again... :(

Thank you again, Sniady

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if i had cash

I would've purchased that car or at least went to Virginia to check it out. But unfortunately I'm broke as well. I saw the picture it looked clean and the best part is the guy owned it for 17 years thats always good (long ownership).

You'll find youre GTV, I'd recommend saving up like 6,000 find a super clean one hopefully buy it for 4,500 and then you have cash left over to fix it up. Some rims, suspension, all oil changes etc etc etc.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Re: if i had cash

Sniady said:
I would've purchased that car or at least went to Virginia to check it out. But unfortunately I'm broke as well. I saw the picture it looked clean and the best part is the guy owned it for 17 years thats always good (long ownership).

You'll find youre GTV, I'd recommend saving up like 6,000 find a super clean one hopefully buy it for 4,500 and then you have cash left over to fix it up. Some rims, suspension, all oil changes etc etc etc.

Good luck
I would love to go over there to check the car out... but it's in Virginia... quite a long way from California... and my VW is running on summer tires right now... not a good idea to drive cross country (snow... :eek: )

I'm actually begging my friend to give me a ride when he goes back to his hometown - Salt Lake City in Utah... i found on autotrader.com a silver 72 GTV for sale over there.... looks clean, but it was parked for 15 years... and i wonder if the snow over in SLC will make the poor GTV into another rust victim though.

I think i better save more $$ before I start looking again... the sad part is, i'm still looking for a full time job... after graduated for 3 months already :(

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
utah = no no

Hahahahahahaha! I saw that silver alfa online about 4 or 5 months ago. Before I bought my GTV. I found it and in the description it said: "Sitting for 15 years 10k invested" and the guy wants 2k HAHAHA. Anyways I was still sprung on it, time to go to Utah. Till the guy sent me more pics of the car. That thing has so much rust around the windows it's going to be a ***** (excuse my french) to try and fix that, lot of money will fix that! All I have to say is it needs a lot of work, LOT!

Thats my heads up for you.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Re: utah = no no

Sniady said:
Hahahahahahaha! I
Thats my heads up for you.
Thank you so much dude!!!! You saved my life!!

It's going for 4k now... don't know who is going to buy it....

Thanks again, Sniady!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts