Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm helping to liquidate a fair amount of Alfa Cars & Parts in New Orleans. These were owned by a friend who recently passed away. Preferred option is to sell the entire package, but offers will be considered. E-mail: [email protected]; or call after business hours at 504-319-0295

This is an inventory of the major pieces – no effort has been made to count every individual item.

1) Alfa GTV – step-nose – red, roller, rough. This car has been gutted – the owners intent was to make this one a ‘track car’.

2) Alfa Milano – following notation from Marco Fazio of Alfa/Italy: “According to our documentation files, the chassis number ZAR 16116000076077 originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo 75 “Milano” Quadrifoglio Argento, manufactured on the 12th September 1986 and sold on the 29th September 1987 in USA.” This car is sound from a ‘body’ standpoint – seats are out – car is a ‘roller’ – engine is out (possibly trans – is this a ‘rear transaxle car?). No title.

3) Alfa Spider – following notation from Marco Fazio of Alfa/Italy: “According to our documentation files, the chassis number ZAR 11541000014983 originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo Spider 2000 I.E. USA, manufactured on the 28th June 1982 and sold on the 31st May 1983 in USA. The body colour is metallic black.” This car is a body shell – body is in decent condition – but does not appear complete. Have not located suspension set. No title to this car.

Engines:

2) 2.0 litre 4-cylinder engines

3) engine 4-cylinder blocks of undetermined size -

3) twin cam heads

Transmissions:

- several Alfa manual transmissions of undetermined type

Interior parts

GTV – several sets of interior parts

‘Running gear’/miscellaneous parts

Several shelves of Alfa parts – steering columns, small parts, etc.
Retained front and rear body ‘clips’
Rear axles

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John - I do not believe so - there are some GTV-6 parts - but no Alfetta parts that I'm aware of. I've been told the cars are very similar - what are you looking for?

·
Registered
192 Posts
funny how cars number 2 and 4 they took the time to consult Marco Fazio but the main vehicle, the one worth all the marbles they didn't. Instead a mere claim that touring data plata is there, so most likely it is a real GTC.
Why not contact Marco Fazio on this car as well????
good luck to buyer, hope he took the time to contact Marco Fazio on this one.

·
Registered
1974 Alfa Romeo spider
96 Posts
Typical of this forum

It's amazing that you would have to add your 2 cents to this thread. As a matter of fact the gentleman sending this information out is in fact just helping out a friends widow and is really not getting any compensation at all. I knew the guy that had these cars and as far as I can tell this is in fact a GTC. Considering that this was a coach built / modified car I am sure that the papertrail is much harder to verify than a standard Bertone body. I am writing this because your comments have no merit and it seem that everytime someone writes in or asks for information someone has to make some sort of mean spirted or smart a$$ comment to the point of making one lady in another thread who just asked about rims for her car leave this forum. I am sure that if any interested people had any questions or needed any more pictures or information that Mike would be happy to accomodate any reasonable request.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Cort, as someone from across the oceans and therefore no possible interest in the cars (albeit that a GTC would be lovely), and with all due respect, seriously I think if you take the trouble to send Marco an email with the details re both the GTC and Stepnose you should get a response from him literally in a few days.

By doing so you would prove their provenance and hence no one could quibble with your descriptions in trying to help your friend's widow sell the cars. A real GTC even in poor condition is a valuable/rare car, hence perhaps the caution some may have exhibited in questioning why this hasn't been checked out.

It definitely would help clear up any doubt that perhaps some people may have, since irrespective that the GTC wasn't a mainstream 105 coupe, the factory still should have records for them, just as they would for a GTA or Giulia TI Super, etc.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I totally agree with you SUPER 1600, I have a GTC and Marco Fazio confirmed the car to me in less tan 24hrs.

Cort Musgrave needs to step back, read carefully, gather his thoughts and then reply to threads...........
Too jumpy of a person.............didn't appreaciate at all his thread reply..........but I guess an apology would be too far out of reach for him.

·
Registered
1974 Alfa Romeo spider
96 Posts
An apology just in my reach

First of all let me state that I have no involvement in the selling of these cars or parts. In the interest of keeping this forum friendly, I apologize to you cdkarfitsas for commenting on your response to this thread. The point that I was trying to make was that this guy was trying to help a friend and got blasted by you. I am glad to see that the car got sold and I am sure that the new owner felt comfortable with the purchase and investigated it themselves or had it investigated. I have been fortunate enough to have been involved some way shape or fashion with classic cars since the late 70’s. I have seen people outright lie “Hey all XKE’s come with 289 Ford engines, it’s like a Cobra” to honest ignorance “This MGTD has original wire wheels”. In fact my first Alfa a ’76 Alfetta GT that I bought when I was 19, the used car guy came down to my price a week later I found out because he told his mechanic to do a brake job and when he took one of the rear wheels off found out” it ain’t got no rear brakes”. As a result I can see why there is skepticism when a rare car shows up like this but understand that a comment like yours probably sent several potential buyers away especially when they realize that you in fact own one of these rare cars. I have noticed that I been signed up with this forum since 2006 and have read some very mean and pointless comments in threads that had no merit to the original subject. Since I am aware of the circumstances surrounding this I guess that this one hit a little too close to home.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Apology accepted Cort, I didn't mean to, nor thought that I blasted mlanglin2007 at all.
It was just odd how some cars had been verified by Marco and others didn't, that was my only point........but if I offended anybody and drove potential buyers away I do want to apologise as well. Take care!!!

·
Premium Member
863 Posts
juanR : I assisted the family and MLanglin in identifying the alfa parts and cars referred to in this thread. Are you looking for a Spica fuel injection manifold or a carburator manifold? Iffn it's Spica, there are several of them in this collection. There aren't any carb manifolds.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts