Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,992 Posts
There are still a few bugs which are irritating.

The one I notice right away is that the spell check is not very good at all, not catching many spelling errors which tend to arise when typing fast with old fingers. Yes, I can spell, but still, I have clumsy fat fingers, lol, and this spell check just does not catch many finger-slip goofs, which I hand correct later. Plainly speaking, it is just not nearly as functional or accurate as the spell check in Thunderbird for instance. Not even close.

Yeah, I know. I should just type slowly, lol.

Another is of course the editing restrictions, which is still an ongoing problem. That appears to be unfixable, alas.

I still find the new forum format and layout just not as satisfying, it being dictated by coders, not the users.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Del: I haven't had any problems with either of those areas.
The spell check is a function of your PC/Apple. Your not connected
to the AfaBB until you hit "preview or Submit" .
You may be at the AlfaBB during an "edit" operation. That
seems to work.

·
Premium Member
15,992 Posts
Well, I've been told that generally it would be a function of the program I am in such as the BB when creating an original posting, that it should have it's own spell check, as Thunderbird does when creating a new message there, which is superior, even on the same computer. Doesn't seem to be a function of the computer I am using.

So you are saying that the BB doesn't use a spell check when creating an original post until I call for review or actuality submit it? Except, it sort of does as I am creating this original post, for instance, without doing either. Tried several bad spelling examples, a couple it caught, a couple it didn't. Lol, sometimes it underlines an entire sentence or paragraph which has no errors. Guess I don't know the BB's spell check rules.

As for editing, I still get the "you cannot...yada yada yada".

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Well, I've been told that generally it would be a function of the program I am in such as the BB when creating an original posting, that it should have it's own spell check, as Thunderbird does when creating a new message there, which is superior, even on the same computer. Doesn't seem to be a function of the computer I am using.

So you are saying that the BB doesn't use a spell check when creating an original post until I call for review or actuality submit it? Except, it sort of does as I am creating this original post, for instance, without doing either. Tried several bad spelling examples, a couple it caught, a couple it didn't. Lol, sometimes it underlines an entire sentence or paragraph which has no errors. Guess I don't know the BB's spell check rules.

As for editing, I still get the "you cannot...yada yada yada".
Del since you edited the post above within the 24 hour time frame. See if you can still edit it.

·
Premium Member
15,992 Posts
I just tried, but cannot. I get the "you may not edit..." message.

·
Premium Member
15,992 Posts
It's the pits if I decide to modify or delete (can I actually even do that?) an old post.

·
Premium Member
15,992 Posts
Another thing I've noticed is that the 'edit and undo' function does not work with this BB. Works with all other typings on my computer. A royal pain if I hit the wrong key, accidentally deleting something, and cannot bring it back. I guess I have to go back to the old method of saving the typing often as in the very very old days.

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
So far I've been able to edit one 9 days old. But it still had to originally edited within the first 24 hours of the post.

Weird

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
In the last couple of days, I've been getting warnings when clicking on threads on the BB while using MS Edge. Today I am unable to use Edge to go the BB at all, getting the error below. The BB is the only website I have trouble with. Anyone else getting this error?

·
Registered
9,453 Posts
In the last couple of days, I've been getting warnings when clicking on threads on the BB while using MS Edge. Today I am unable to use Edge to go the BB at all, getting the error below. The BB is the only website I have trouble with. Anyone else getting this error?
View attachment 1628354
I started Edge to check if I might be getting the same error: No, neither on my Win10 system (with Trend Micro spam and virus protection), nor on my Win8.1 system (with Windows Defender) can I reproduce the error.

What does your warning page say when you click on "More information"?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts