Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my kid a hot wheels Bat 9 car. I am trying to plant the seed of good taste in cars. Kid loves the car but there are some questions I could not answer like how many Bat 9's were made...one? if so what is value of these cars? I have seen several high quality models like Minichamps that sell bat cars in different colors and version? hmmm.

Thanks Enrique

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I bought my kid a hot wheels Bat 9 car. I am trying to plant the seed of good taste in cars. Kid loves the car but there are some questions I could not answer like how many Bat 9's were made...one? if so what is value of these cars? I have seen several high quality models like Minichamps that sell bat cars in different colors and version? hmmm.

Thanks Enrique
There were three Bats made, Bats 5, 7 & 9. All were based on 1900 mechanicals. Each had different coachwork than the other. Carol, Dr. E and others should have information on original colors for each.

Good marks for the Hot Wheels Alfa:cool:

Ebay has lots of 1/43 scale alfas.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
At the 2007 Alfa Romeo Owners Club National Convention in Detroit, this past August, the organizing committee did an incredible job, and succeeded in bringing the Bat cars together:

AROC_Concours12.jpg

AROC_Concours13_BAT7.jpg

AROC_Concours14.jpg

There are more pictures in the "Photo Gallery" section of the "Motor City Alfa 2007" web site.

Best regards,

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess each BAT runs in the Millions of dollars as the Ferrari 250 GTO does.
Last I heard 10M. Rique

·
Registered
804 Posts
Last I heard, they were for sale as a collection, so that $10M would be for all three. Back in the early 1990s they were all owned separately and brought to their first show altogether at Pebble Beach. After that they were sold to one individual from Japan who subsequently sold them as a collection. I don't know who the current owner is, but they are on display at the Blackhawk Museum in Danville, California, east of the San Francisco Bay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts