Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I shot the 8c for Motor Trend earlier this year and put together a short from my set ups, enjoy!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Alfa 8c speed runs??????????????

Without the soul-searing sound of this engine, this video is a waste ot time.
And with that offensive soundtrack, it is torture to the Alfisti.
If you can't include sound, you're a rank amateur, please cease and desist.
Hans

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
Thanks, but there are much better recordings of "Black Coffee"

--Julie London, or Kai Winding--for example.

:cool:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Geeez, Everybody's a critic, I put this up to share, look the Alfa isn't even a real Alfa, it's a hodgepodge of Ferrari and Maserati bits, and we all know this. And if you don't like the music, turn it off, or if you have a problem with the clip go shoot something yourself just the way you like.

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
No direct offense intended, but often there are some action clips with great engine sounds.:D

With even louder and over riding music.--not:cool:

Why?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Because this was shot with a Stills camera, and was not recording sound, I picked a simple mood soundtrack that would not distract to much from the visual, and a soundtrack that youtube wouldn't dis-able the audio.... or at least not yet.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Evan - those were nice stills that you have combined into a nice movie. Did you shoot any of it in HDR?

( btw - it's the internet, everyone's a critic ;) )

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, no HDR, when shooting HDR the camera gets locked off as well as the object, then you take a series of exposures, one for the sky, one for the object, one for the road, and then photoshop merges the elements, I bring enough strobes and filters usually to balance the light, and just do color correction or create "the look", or you can cheat and use the "shadow highlight" function in photoshop and get some pretty dramatic results.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Nice lighting — I like the cold temperature to it on the car rather than it being all warm hot red. The tail shot at 00:46 is very beautiful. Oh, and the effect with music and imagery very nice, no need for engine sounds at all and I am NOT offended because I get it. Thanks for sharing this. GV

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Guys, thanks for the kind words, we're all very lucky to have such great cars to play with, I had to drive a mini van yesterday, now yes it was faster than my Spider, and it doesn't leak when it rains, and power windows with those buttons that annoy, and when I got home I ran straight to the garage and hugged her and thanked her for having a soul.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Jeeezzz... a guy shares some cool pics with us and spends time puting it together ans all a couple of you folks can be about it are a bunch of jerks! They need to go be DORKS on another site!
Evan... thanks for sharing the cool pics and for the time you put into it. SOme folks have no social skills at all so on-line conversation is probably all they do... otherwise... with the types of things they say, they would probably get their butts kicked... or probably have already.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts