Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before post i try to look on search but not found what i want, i have an alfa 75 ts without engine, but have a complete engine of an alfa 164 4 cilinder 2.0 turbo that i want to swap for the 75, so my question, anyone already do that, if you can help me i really apreciate.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
before post i try to look on search but not found what i want, i have an alfa 75 ts without engine, but have a complete engine of an alfa 164 4 cilinder 2.0 turbo that i want to swap for the 75, so my question, anyone already do that, if you can help me i really apreciate.

Thanks in advance.
Have never heard of such a modification!

I just wonder what engine from 164 turbo you have? The 164 2L turbo was a V6 cylinder! There was a special 164 2L 4 cyl turbo for the Italian market which was with the Fiat TC engine with Alfa letters on the cam covers. Maybe this is the engine you have? Maybe you can post a couple photos of this engine you have?

Otherwise it should be possible to install this engine in the 75, but there will be some work with a new turbo/exhaust installation!

GK.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Neat project. Is the engine much heavier than the twinspark? Could be a nice weight distribution.

I'd have thought that you'd need some donor bits from a rwd v6 to fit this - so would be easier into a 2.5 v6 75?

Cheap is obviously relative - I've only ever seen one of these engines in New Zealand and it was a mistake, the importer wasn't able to use the car on the road because it had never been sold here!

Kerry

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
The standard 164 manifolds/turbo position won't be fitting in a Transaxle chassis.

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
Wow, this is really cool, im acutally kinda jealous ;) ... good luck with the project!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts