Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
before you cut it. I would test it. it might be fine?? I am guessing there is power and a signal wire.
so is it getting power?
if yes does it pulse on the other wire when powered and turned?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Okay firstly, the hacksaw thing was a joke.

Secondly yes we tested the sensor - no return signal.

I opened it. Easiest way was to work around the edge of the red sealant with a small knife, then once there was some room to work with I used a tiny screwdriver to lever the rest off.

Then the entire end came off, and I could remove the pcb.

After getting the multimeter and starting to test the circuit we found that there was no continuity. After checking each piece of the circuit we found that a diode had failed.

Thankfully apart from the chip on the pcb and the sensor itself it is made up of simple electronic bits.

Hopefully when I am done we can post up a list of all the components on the board.

In the mean time I have found a spare sensor so I can get my roadworthy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Okay firstly, the hacksaw thing was a joke.

Secondly yes we tested the sensor - no return signal.

I opened it. Easiest way was to work around the edge of the red sealant with a small knife, then once there was some room to work with I used a tiny screwdriver to lever the rest off.

Then the entire end came off, and I could remove the pcb.

After getting the multimeter and starting to test the circuit we found that there was no continuity. After checking each piece of the circuit we found that a diode had failed.

Thankfully apart from the chip on the pcb and the sensor itself it is made up of simple electronic bits.

Hopefully when I am done we can post up a list of all the components on the board.

In the mean time I have found a spare sensor so I can get my roadworthy.
Hi have you eventualy found a list of compnents?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts