Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks

Are there any upgrades that can be done to improve on the pudding stick gear change on the transaxle alfa 75's?
Thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
Alex Jupe motorsport do the quikshift, but it's not a kit, they rebuild the isostatic linkage as a custom fit onto your car. Otherwise, if it's particularly sloppy, renewing the pivot bush at the bottom of the shifter, under the car may well be a good improvement. For the DIY approach, check out some of Junglejustice's solutions on his 3.7 race car project (quite a few pages to check out, but well worth reading through the whole build IMHO) It involves a bit of cutting / welding to change the leverage rate of the shifter for a shorter throw. Some people have also simply shortened the shifter (take off the shift knob, cut the shaft down a bit and re-thread for the knob to go back on) for a similar effect of shortening the shifter throw, but of course this also puts the shift knob further from your hand when driving.

Performatek also do a kit called the 'monkey shifter' which is to renew the linkage but is not a quick shift type kit as such

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Have you tried replacing the bushes and properly adjusting the linkages? When set up properly the isostatic system on the 75 should be fine.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback gents. I will check the bushes and adjustment first and if still not happy I will take a look at some of the available kits. I know a guy who put a modified AE82 or was it AE92? Corrola linkage into his GTV but it was a lot of work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts