Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I'll be poking around the rear end of my 75 Twinspark in the near future to refresh the isostatic linkage setup, so whilst the rear is a little bit un-picked here & there
thought i might take the opportunity to refresh some of the rubber around the place.

Plan is to do the,
2 gearbox mounts (standard rubber)
Diff mount (standard rubber)
Shocker mounts (Yellow Konis, standard rubber, check spring rubbers while i'm there too)

Now what is the collective thinking from the knowledgeable folk out there for the rest (car will be used for some spirited road use!),

A frame mount bush - poly or rubber?
Watts link bushes - poly or rubber?
Rear roll bar bushes - poly or rubber?

If it matters, I'm hoping (he says looking to the heavens!) to do the work with the transaxle in situ (ie. just jack, lift, push, lower where i need to).

Any help, advice, gotchas would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Paul.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Paul I see your in Melbourne. You can get superpro kits for all the above. They fit and work well. The A frame bush is difficult to change without proper equipment. Would be a ***** without a hoist. I can recommend a local supplier if you want. Send me a PM.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have my rear axle fully in Polyurethane rubbers. So far no squeeks (2 years now) and I'm happy with it. Especially the a-frame bush and watt linkage help a great deal.
The gearbox mounts should stay full rubber like you planned. using PU or anything like that just makes the drivetrain resonate into the cabin more.

Polyurethane is a great compromise between NVH/sportiness. Sits nicely between original bushes and rosejoints.
However that can also mean that for some its a jack of all trades master of none, providing more NVH than stock but not giving the sharpness that rosejoints do.

Longetivity compared to rosejoints is a lot better though.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Regarding spring rubbers there is a replacement for the upper but not for the lower, as far as I know. So don't throw anything away.

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Hi

A frame mount bush - poly or rubber?
You should definitely replace the A frame (deDion) mount. You can remove the entire deDion tube while leaving the transaxle attached to the car, and that's the way to do. There's lot of detail on how to do this job on the site. As to poly or rubber, I prefer rubber but it's really a personal preference deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts