Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, a new member posting. Anyone got any info on these? I have seen one for sale and would like to consider it for the odd tarmac rally, race & track day. The one in question is an ex French Tarmac rally championship car & appears to be in good condition. V6 giving a reported 225 bhp with a CR gearbox. The fact that it is something different in the UK really appeals.

What is the parts supply like, are there any really special bits that are made of "unobtanium"? Are they robust to use for a day lapping at Donington Park (or the Nurburgring) in this spec without needing a service crew and a full rebuild?

All help gratefully received. (I'll put this in the motorsport section, too)

Thanks

·
Registered
296 Posts
one of 2 advertised recently!! one on a french website, the other in norfolk uk. (not far from me)
if i had 8.5k id do it at the drop of a hat!! pass up a well sorted 75? hell no!! stuff the fact that it is constructed from un obtainium!!!
with the way parts supply is getting whats the difference?
Saying that, if its a pucka original with history, it should be up to the job of a good track car,
mines a mear road goer (daily driver) an i thrash the hell out of it with no worries

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
one of 2 advertised recently!! one on a french website, the other in norfolk uk. (not far from me)
if i had 8.5k id do it at the drop of a hat!! pass up a well sorted 75? hell no!! stuff the fact that it is constructed from un obtainium!!!
with the way parts supply is getting whats the difference?
Saying that, if its a pucka original with history, it should be up to the job of a good track car,
mines a mear road goer (daily driver) an i thrash the hell out of it with no worries
Spence
Hi, do you have a link or a reference to the Norfolk one. I have seen the French advert but not that one. Is it a Group A car?

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
296 Posts
of what i remember yes!! unfortunatly it was one of those "stumble upon" things my wife found.
going to have another go at finding it!!
it had straight cut 'box and everything (ready to run apparently!!)

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
How about posting the link here if you find it? Always interesting to look at stuff like that - only looking, no buying as my 4.5 year old says...
Jes

·
Registered
296 Posts
How about posting the link here if you find it? Always interesting to look at stuff like that - only looking, no buying as my 4.5 year old says...
Jes
gonna try my best but as i said, i stumbled upon it a couple months ago, last year i saw an ex alfa corse 75 imsa car for sale too (71,000 euros) oh if i had the money:mad:
this may sound silly but id have a well sorted 75 over any ferrari, porsche etc any day. saying that theres only 2 other cars that would stand in the way if i had the dosh...
a Jag XJRS 5.3 v12 and a Lamborghini Countach (not aniversary tho)
:D both hidious to drive allegedly, but then if you believe storys bout the 75...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts