Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Some of you may know, that I am building a 75, which is going to accommodate an 24v from a 164. I haven't posted any pics or a building topic, but I will do that.

I don't know yet, what kind of modifications I am going to do on the 24v, but I rather choose for a stronger clutch, in terms of lb/ft (Nm) instead for a low one and drive it to pieces.

Now, I am looking at my gearbox, a Twin Spark gearbox, because the car is (was) a Twin Spark.
I heard that this is a good box for behind the V6.

I haven't disassembled the gearbox yet, so I don't know the state of the internals yet. It is going to happen within a few weeks.
Probably I have to replace the disc, friction plate, maybe the release bearing. And some other internals.

Now, to the story of the clutch, pressure plates and discs.
I've read, the shaft has a 7/8'' inch spline with 19 teeth. So I've done some searches for that. Until now, I looked at AP Racing and Tilton.

At AP Racing, I haven't found anything. Maybe I'm searching in the wrong way, but I couldn't find anything.

At Tilton. I found a lot! Metallic, Cerametallic, even carbon. Carbon, not an option. The difference between Metallic and Cerametallic is that Cerametallic is more driveable right? Or does that only count for the discs?

For the pressure plates, there are 1,2,3,4 Metallic, and 1 and 2 plate Cerametallic. You can choose for the torque capacity.

Now, the clutch discs, I only saw the Metallic ones. 1 or 2 plate. Those were only 7/8'', 19 teeth. No Cerametallic ones.

What is wisdom, to choose? Are there other brands that are familiar? Does anyone has suggestions, tips, other useful information?

Cheers,
Jacco

·
Richard Jemison
7,392 Posts
Clutch assembly

I have been supplying such for years to the racers.
Complete conversion assembly including input shaft, clutch cover, new 5.5 Tilton OT III clutch, 3 new tilton disk , TO bearing, flywheel and input/clutch shaft. Ready to install. See pics on my website.

$1,550.00 and shipping (Europe $130.00)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Richard,

Those look nice. I am only in doubt about the 5.5 plates, won't 7.25 be more safe?

And how about the rear flywheel type from the 75 Twin Spark gearbox, is it a step or pot type one?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts