Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I read in Jim K's latest book a brief passage about the compatibility of 105 GTV 2000 gearbox and diff components with those of a 75. I've been pulling apart a 75 for the motor but hadn't even considered the transaxle as being of use. So, is it infact of any use? Should I keep the 75 transaxle for spare parts?

M

·
Registered
418 Posts
I know the synchro rings are the same, but not sure what else. Is it an LSD transaxle? If it is, they're desirable so it's probably not sensible to keep it for parts. If you're not too far away from me I'll buy it from you:D

·
Registered
418 Posts
Craig you've made me get my Atlas out:D Luckily I like geography. I'm guessing Christchurch? or maybe Dunedin? Postage would be a killer:eek:

Unless you want to swap Craig??:D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bit further north - Wellington. Somewhere between the snow storms and the tornados that are presently ravaging the country. Wellington seems pretty sweet though.

·
Richard Jemison
7,183 Posts
75 & 105 gear components

The syncro parts are different in that the engagement Rings (toothed part) that presses into the gear are smaller in a 105 than the 115/116 transmission & transaxle, where they press into the gear. You could use the sliders & rings, but much easier to find another 105/101 box to get parts that are correct I would think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts