Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those with an interest in vintage Alfas, If go to

www.collectorcartraderonline.com

then click your way to cars for sale and then just search for Alfa Romeo no years, There are two really nice 6C 2500s from right after wwII when the Italian auto business was trying to emulate Detroit with chrome plating and even fins. These cars did run though. There used to be a couple where I grew up. There was always a fight at the service station when one of the Alfas had to be picked up to bring in to wash it.

I personally would love to own a 1900. But well prices and that stuff !!
MrC

·
Administrator
13,467 Posts
A couple of 6c2500s have ended up in a Christchurch restoration firm in New Zealand. One is a spider and the other a coupe.

Unfortunately they are going to make one car out of both of them ... and they have choosen to make the spider.

If they read the history books they would realise that there are less coupes (I believe, correct me if I am wrong ... ) and thus they are cutting up a rarer car to restore the less desirable!!!

Why can't they just take the hard way out and restore the spider and sell the coupe to somebody who WILL restore it too. I guess many parts must be missing or the firm is just LAZY, and should not be responsible for such an important job.

Pete

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
The problem with these cars

is that there are very few people today that know anything about them, much less care. They are big cars with only 90 horsepower in the berlina, 110 in the 3 carb super sports, and around 140 in full race trim.

Peter Marshall in England has maintained a register of these and the later 1900s for over 20 years. Mal Harris (the guy who published the 8c2900 and 8c2300 books of Simon Moore) tried to create an international register with the help of Anselmi, who did the 6C2500 book. There were only about 50 people on the mailing list, and about 10 who ever wrote letters or provided any information for publication. The newsletter stopped about 4-5 years ago, due to "lack of interest", amongst other things.

Peter still does a combined 6c2300/6c2500/1900 newsletter on an irregualr basis, and Joost Gomples here in the US does a 1900 register newsletter; also on an irregular basis.

These cars float my boat a LOT more than anything post 105 series, but as they are now over 50 years old, parts are very difficult to find and expensive when you do, and the cars are obscure even to most Alfisti, only the very wealthy Alfa fan seems to bother with them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts