Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

can anybody help me identify the body moulds shown on the pictures? I got them from a workshop customer who owned a 33TT V12 years ago. He got them together with the car which had a different body on it and they are supposed to be original Autodelta moulds for the fibreglass body. As these cars were changed from season to season I am a bit confused as I am unable to find a picture of an Alfa 33 with a corresponding shape.
What you see on the pictures is of course the uneven outer surface, the inside is of blue colour and smooth. The are a few smaller bits that I did not put together and obviously also some floor parts with air ducts.
Any Alfa 33 expert out there who can tell me what it is?

Thanks,

Alfred

Attachments

·
Registered
816 Posts
type 33 body molds

Hi
Joe Nastasi in NY is probably the leading expert on 33's. He is on the BB as Type33, I believe, or I can call him with the link to your photos.
KG

·
Registered
88 Posts
body for your moulding

Hi,

can anybody help me identify the body moulds shown on the pictures? I got them from a workshop customer who owned a 33TT V12 years ago. He got them together with the car which had a different body on it and they are supposed to be original Autodelta moulds for the fibreglass body. As these cars were changed from season to season I am a bit confused as I am unable to find a picture of an Alfa 33 with a corresponding shape.
What you see on the pictures is of course the uneven outer surface, the inside is of blue colour and smooth. The are a few smaller bits that I did not put together and obviously also some floor parts with air ducts.
Any Alfa 33 expert out there who can tell me what it is?

Thanks,

Alfred
Hi Alfred,

in 1984 the late Florian Gerbl offered me a Tipo 33-2 with an original engine in parts, gearbox and the complete chassis together with this "tailored" body.
I added the photographs from this period.
The original car was a 33-2 (longtail), before, the car was owned by Alfa Romeo Germany and the famous Alfa Romeo dealer Isert in Frankonia close to Nuremberg. Florian Gerbl that time was owning a couple of Alfa Romeo Gta´s
and also founding the Scuderia GTA, the first brand cup for the famous Alfa Romeo Gta´s after the lost the homologation in the mid of the 70ies.
Unfortunately I did not buy the package with the new body, but I gave the information to another chap, he bought it and sold it later on one of those Nürburgring auctons to UK. I think that time the car already had back its old body.I do not share your opinion that this mold has been manufactured by Alfa Romeo or Autodelta.
Please let me know your contact details, so I can keep you informed about further news.

take care and all the best

Thomas

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Thomas,

thank you very much for your help. Looks like you have found the original car. Does this mean that this body was created by Florian Gerbl or what have I got now? Would it make sense to reunite the car as it is now with this interim-body to be able to show its history? For me, this moulds are more or less just an interesting gadget, but I think they should go to the owner of the car which was underneath...

Alfred

1 - 6 of 6 Posts