Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
I am new to this forum - let me introduce myself.
I am the president of a small company making slot cars, Slot.it: http://www.slot.it
We are currently making a model of the 33/3, '71 version to start with, but we would also like to make the Alfa33/3 CanAm version which was raced by the Otto Zipperle team.
The only problem we have now is to find at least one half decent picture of the car from behind - in particular, one detailing the rear end, with the rear protective louvers that were added to the back of the rear wheels, which were not existing in the 1971 version.

Any help would be appreciated - even pictures from the existing CanAm model which is quite difficult to find.

Thank you and kind regards
Maurizio Ferrari

·
Registered
525 Posts
Do any of you all know whatever happened to Otto Zipper's 33? I'd love to find that car.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Awesome!! I think I have a few pics of thsi car as well. I need to find them and post for you all.

Was this the same car at Willow?
Two weeks ago at Willow Springs,

http://www.printroom.com/popupImage....632&effectRGB=

I need to see that car in person. When will he be back??

·
Registered
118 Posts
Zipper Tipo 33/3-244 - 1972 RIR Times GP

I don't remember if this Otto Zipper - Tipo 33 driven by Scooter Patrick is the same car pictured above with different rear bodywork or different altogether. (Page scanned from 1972 program roster.)

Jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Tipo 33TT12

I have several pics of (then) Joe DiLoretto's Tipo 33TT12 taken at RIR, but that isn't the subject topic. What became of that beautiful racecar?

Jeff

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
I have several pics of (then) Joe DiLoretto's Tipo 33TT12 taken at RIR, but that isn't the subject topic. What became of that beautiful racecar?

Jeff
He still has it and races it from time to time. The last time I saw it was at the Monterey Historics a couple years ago. He's had it out at several VARA races over the years as well.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Believe Otto Zipper raced two seperate T33's in Can-Am racing. In 1969 and 1970 Scooter Patrick piloted a T33/2 with success. I don't have any record of 1971 but Otto Zipper racing was back in 1972 with a T33/3 (78080-023). There is talk that this chassis appeared with a four litre engine at Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen and Riverside that year. 023 was piloted by Milt Minter in 73 and 74.

I was fortunate enough to be succesful in purchasing a Otto Zipper press pack from 1970. From the release I quote "Zipper plans to open the 1970 campain with an Alfa T33 2-litre prototype, adding a new 3-litre T33 and an under 2-litre Alfa Trans-Am car later in the season". I will scan the release and post here if there is any interest.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Can Am Alfas

Hi.
Thanks everybody for the help! Apart from my specific question, this thread is becoming a information mine for CanAm Alfa history ...

Maybe I should try to contact Mr. Nastasi. I have also sent an email to the author of 'Tipo 33' who might know the whereabouts of the car.

Maurizio

·
Registered
178 Posts
rick
the car that ran at Willow last race was driven by Joe Nastasi, and I believe owned by Joe DiLoretto; it was sitting in his pit, with his Lola and a Chevron. I didn't get a chance to talk with him as Bolte was there and of course he did all the talking. Email Bolte, I'm sure he knows the rest of the story!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts