Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,409 Posts
Yes, it seems to be the ex-John Mayhead car AR 856005 that was sold to Corrado Lopresto in Italy a while back. Since John had it, it has become clear that it is not a prototype but a very early production car.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Corrado Lopresto

Corrado Lopresto is one of the most prolific alfa romeo collectors in the world. If any one is interested just google Corrado Lopresto alfa romeo and then search images you will see a range of his cars. For instance he bought 4 unique prototype alfas to Brooklands in the UK from Italy just to show for a week!
His collection can probaly rival the currently closed alfa romeo museum

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have 041 about ready for paint. It is coming along! Should be back into my shop mid January. Colors? It was a white car, not doing that, probably a dark blue?

·
Push hard and live
9,612 Posts
Why not white? Done correctly and with a complementary interior, it makes for a very elegant statement. When you consider the fairly loud colors that the Italians often use, white seems to say "if you're really important, people wait until you arrive to start the meeting".

·
Registered
9,409 Posts
Mark, while I do not disagree with Don that white can look stunning on these cars, just last night, after an Alfa club meeting, I told a friend if I still had my 2600 SZ, I'd seriously consider painting it dark blue metallic (Blu Perwinca aka Periwinkle Blue was an Alfa color) or blue-green metallic -- a bit darker than Ecurie Ecosse colors, maybe something like the TZ shows in this thread. I think it would give a 2600 SZ a spectacular, classy and elegant look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts