Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a couple shims in the .0098(or thicker) and a couple in the .0060 thickness..
If you have some spares let me know..
cash or trade..
Herve

·
Push hard and live
10,321 Posts
I don't have any experience with 2600s, but heard that intakes are one diameter and exhaust are another. Perhaps this is true on some engines and not others?

What diameter are you looking for? I've got just a few for the 102, and wonder if they aren't the same?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi don
thanks for looking into this.. The stem size on the 2600 valves is the same on both sides(intake and exhaust) 9.40mm. The valves are indeed of different sizes but the stems diameter is the same...
let me know if you have any shims that would work..
i am looking for the followings
.097 inche
If anyone has extra ones let me know..

Herve

·
Push hard and live
10,321 Posts
I read in the Jim K's red book that one can use VW flat shims and they work great. I haven't tried it, but it makes sense. The larger diameter VW shims will weigh a bit more, but you're not revving these things all that high, and the degrees of rock would actually be less than a smaller diameter shim. Plus, they're cheap and easily obtained.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Shims

Herve

The other way that works is reduce the diameter of the valve stems and fit std 105 series shims. I know of one 2600 sprint running like this in the UK and used regularly.

I will dig out my spare shims , but it may take a couple of weeks to get them to you, due to workload and logistics.

Ian

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ian
I have seen valves done like that before. However the head is on the block so it would mean buying a new head gasket etc etc.. I will wait for your shims.
keep me posted..
Herve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts