Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of redoing the seats on my 26600 alfa spider. i would like to replace the silentblocks through which the side holding bolt operate as the side seat hinge(I hope I am making sens here). Does anyone has a source for such part/ It looks like a trailling arm rubber bush.
Keep me posted
regards
Herve

·
Registered
434 Posts
I am in the process of redoing the seats on my 26600 alfa spider. i would like to replace the silentblocks through which the side holding bolt operate as the side seat hinge(I hope I am making sens here). Does anyone has a source for such part/ It looks like a trailling arm rubber bush.
Keep me posted
regards
Herve
Herve,its closer to an exaust bushing,its 42 mm outside dia. I have been looking for a while with no luck,if anyone has a source I too would like to know. I have cosidered using the exaust bushing fitted inside a reducer ring

Mike v

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Alternative to seat silent bloc

Hi

I discovered unintentionally an alternative to the silent bloc

A couple of weeks ago my driver’s seat collapsed and I found some strange pieces of wood in the rear foot well.

On closer inspection I found that the silent blocs on my car have been replaced with alternatives turned from hardwood . The seats have been excellently re-upholstered but it looks like the silent blocs got lost some-where and were replaced with wood!

I invented a £2 replacement for the wood, in our local pound shop ( =£1 or $1.60) for anything. I purchased a hole cutter and a hard polyurethane chopping board. I cut 45mm rings from the chopping board – creating 42mm discs – drilled the centres out to 9mm and pressed in the mounting pin. All fixed for now – plus I have racing suspension on my seats

I am sure a better job can be done with a lathe and some polyurethane bar - but my bush mechanics seem to work

All as pictures attached

Cheers

Ian

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts